The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

France have been very poor with ball in hand so far compared to normal even apart from the handling errors. Scotland defending well I suppose

I think Jalibert is far better ball in hand than Ntamack

Bit of a different backdrop to normal no?

They have advantage now on the Scots line

Be some psychological fillip for Scotland if France don’t get the try here. Scotland have held out admirably so far.

Finally

James Lowe-esque by Van de Merwe

1 Like

Brutal effort at a tackle on the sideline

That’s Van Der Meuwe’s Lions chance gone I’d say. Can’t have a winger that can’t tackle in South Africa.

A few fairly forward looking French passes in that series of play that weren’t picked up.

3 Likes

Big possession here

Unusually a Frenchman didn’t throw a dig in that melee

1 Like

France have been very poor

Scotland were blackguarded there. Two forward passes missed that would have been a Scottish scrum and half time. Instead they get Stuart Hogg sinbinned and a man down for first 10 minutes of 2nd half. France are constantly infringing and obstructing around the ruck and Barnes is not penalising them for it.

DuPont off a bit tonight. n’temac gaining confidence

I thought Scotland fortunate it took so long for someone to see a yellow. Barnes also gave them a try that was never a try

2 Likes

Go way to fuck… Barnes has given Scotland an amount of final warnings and done nothing about it… That card was way over due. The Scots are spoiling the game because the useless fucker Barnes is letting them at it.

1 Like

He might as well be wearing a Scotland , or Welch, jersey.

It was a card that was brandished after a passage of play where Barnes misses two French forward passes. It should have been a Scotland scrum with the ball in touch 50 yards down the pitch off the scrum. That’s a bit like Man U fans moaning about a goalkeeper moving early on one of their dodgily awarded penalties when they miss one and asking for it to be retaken.

12 penalties and no card. That’s not in the spirit of the game Dan.

Maybe but the non policing of the forward pass rule is a real blight on the sport at the moment.