The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

And the double movement?

The Welch were at the same craic all last week, purposely spoiling the ruck… An early french try here and the floodgates might open… We’ll need Barnes to show some back bone tho

France got called for 2 forward passes if not 3 in first half

France are the worst offenders in international rugby when it comes to the forward passes.

Is the quality of physics teaching in french schools poor ??

France have been awful when they’ve gone wide, it’s very strange

Vakatawa weirdly reluctant to test the tackle

Lovely try just as I said it. The Scots have offered very little since the good start

Great try.

That was ridonkulous

Finn Russell is hilarious

Good tactic from Russell to eat up time when they’re a man down and Scotland duly regain possession off the French restart.

I don’t know how much you have seen of both but Ntmack is a far better player I’d say. They have great options at 10 now there is a lad at Toulon Carbonell who is a year younger than ntmack… He played 10 and ntmack 12 when they won the u 20 world cup… He is only a handy lad though which might hold him back

1 Like

I’ve only seen them for France but Jalibert has offered far more to the attack in this 6 nations I think

1 Like

France have some incredible talent coming on tap in the back line at the moment. I haven’t been that impressed with their pack in this years Championship though. Outside of the whipping boys of Italy, the French pack have played 2nd fiddle for a lot of the other 3 and a half games.

Sure ntmack was injured he only played last week

Yeah they have an unreal back line… I’d say ntmack jalibert and Carbonell all better options at 10 than we have now

Yes I know that. In their time on the field, Jalibert has been way better with ball in hand. I think it’s a big reason why they are not as good today

Barnes giving them everything here

Out half funnily enough historically has never been a position of great strength for France. In a lot of their great backlines, the real strength was in the three quarters line, scrum half and the likes of Blanco at full back.

2 Likes