The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

The 2 teams that were in it before. They are gone now. The 4 teams that were in Super rugby are now joining the Pro 14…they are gone from super rugby completely

Joke alright that it’s not a level playing field… I’d say English and French are only professionals are they?

Will they be playing in the Heineken Cup as well?

Yes if they qualify which I assume they will. But I think not until season after next. Not 100% about that piece but think some deal in place that is expiring in 2022 and once that’s gone they are in

They will be a serious addition

NZ as well I think. Was down at the local pitch today and about 1/3rd of kids there were girls. Recently retired Irish professional coaching (a gent), great example to boys of what can be achieved but also a reminder to girls that there is a much lower ceiling for them. Don’t know how the IRFU are getting away with it to be honest.

1 Like

Part of the reason they are getting away with it is the other countries not being pro. Even worse, Ireland were actually professional in some form a few years back id say

Loads of girls in our place as well. My own daughter plays minis and loves it. There are a fair few women’s development officers in the Munster branch.

1 Like

Are the international women’s soccer professional?

Be interesting to see how they go about that. 16 hour travel time each way, hard to see the English and French agree to games down there at relatively short notice. Manageable in Pro14 as schedule can be worked out at start of season and games played in blocks, seems almost impossible in cup rugby unless SA agree to play all games in Europe which seems pointless.

1 Like

Same as the men, they are if they are good enough to play in a professional league.

1 Like

ROG staying in France for 3 more years

O’Gara signs new three-year deal to stay with La Rochelle until 2024 https://the42.ie/5416867

1 Like

He’ll be managing Munster for 2022/23 season.

ROG is no fool

1 Like

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

@Copper_pipe could you send me this via what’s app

Fantastic :clap::clap::clap:

Vive le ROG

Who is the lad who fired the cat

The longer he stays away the greater his chance of the ireland job. Only a fool will take that poison chalice

Looking at the young Leinster lads coming through plus a few more, the Ireland job would look a really good gig then.

1 Like

Great example in Connacht game tonight. Clock in the red Connacht didn’t risk being held up over line… Brilliant win for the westies…full value for it

1 Like