The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

What channel would that be on? I’ve never happened upon that 2nd tier competition.

Bad miss by you not to call him Joey carvery again

1 Like

I was thinking about Josie Cadbury.

1 Like

Out in the car here. Listening to Off the Ball here on Newstalk talking about the rugby. Gerry Thornley and some lady called Fiona Hayes. Fiona is very much in the Ursula Jacob mould.

Did GT have any astute observations on the 6 Nations?

Just saw the highlights of the u20s there winning the grand slam. Jaysus they gave Scotland an awful bating.

Italy beat Wales (away) England and the Scots at home. A v decent showing.

Wales only beat the Scots in it.

Wales lost against Italy at senior and 20s this weekend and the scarlets and Cardiff shipped nearly 100 points between them in SA

Welsh Rubby in a bad bad place

4 Likes

Minus essentially all their best players.

The rise of rugby in balbriggan is the huge rugby story these days

3 Likes

I’m out foreign so it was on local tv. (Spain)

Rugby Europe has highlights usually

Wales haven’t had a good U20 team since that strong side that beat us in 2016. They’re not going to spring out of the wilderness like in 2005, 2008 and 2012 this time. We have a great crop of talent coming judging by that 2019-2022 U20 6 Nations.

Yeah. Bulls put 60 on scarlets this week. Munster by comparison got a losing BP last week without all their best players

That Fiona would the Munster prop’s wife, ex-international herself

Yes, there was a priceless piece when himself and Joe Molloy and this Fiona wan were going on about how great Ireland are and how they are playing the best rugby in the world at the minute, better than France etc etc.
And Gerry what about Scotland m, where has it all gone wrong for Scotland? Well they could do with showing a bit of humility for a start.

5 Likes

Read about her there while waiting in the car. She had the classic Irish Womens international career trajectory. Took the game up at 23. International cap two years later.

3 Likes

They’re obviously gifted when they can knock the gah/soccer/basketball on the head and turn international that quick

1 Like

Rubby is dying a sad death in Wales. Take note anyone who believes the inter County GAA players should be professional

3 Likes

Wrong Fiona I think

We heard this about wales before, quite a few times. Then shortly afterwards they’d kick the shite out of Ireland.

2 Likes

It’s incredible what Gatland did with Wales all things considered it seems

1 Like

When you play them once a year, youll get a bating. Outside of the pro game, the sport is struggling