The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

He did, that’s where he’s from. Farm there. Preferred the farm to his rugby 100 times over.

The suspense is killing me…

A quick google will sort ya.

Brendan Guilfoyle is what I came up with. Never heard of him tbh

He did

Played woth cookies and was player coach with crescent. He won a promotion with crescent, maybe 2 before going up to Malahide. Hes involved in rugby travel ireland i believe

good to hear, its a great set up

1 Like

Awful news. A fine player. The video of that knee injury is haunting

1 Like

Great player.

2 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2022/0408/1291158-obrien-to-retire-at-the-end-of-the-season/

Piddling Pete is retiring now.

I remember seeing Leavy play the st Stephens day derby in thomond park when he was starting to break into the Leinster team. He was immense. We couldn’t get him off the ball.

Shame the guy has had to retire but can also consider himself fortunate to have had the career he had plus still both legs given they thought 1 would need amputation it was so bad.

1 Like

Its awful really feel for the guy. They changed laws at the breakdown because of the injury. Not fully implemented unfortunately

1 Like

Some goal-line stand by the Blues down to 13 there before halftime. Chiefs should have gotten in at the same time

1 Like

It’s different gravy

Great cross kick. Chiefs being mugged off here

Pace its been played at is nuts

Clinical performance to get the bonus and all

Chiefs scratching their heads looking at that finishing scoreline

Ulster on the cusp of taking a major scalp in Toulouse. The unusual decision to turn the knockout legs into two legged ties means that Toulouse may still storm back to win in Ravenhill. Ulster need to put this one out of sight while they can.

1 Like

Been a brilliant match.

Balancoun needs starting in green with a view to world cup. Serious athlete and threat from everywhere with ball in hand

1 Like