The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Could you copy and paste the article? Behind a paywall.

Def a good idea but I’d say no chance they will give up the cash cow

A rugby match without booze?!

No one would go surely?!

5 Likes

Agreed. I’d wager Cork’s Mike Ross played for Malahide after he retired because of the amount of craic he had in the yacht club there…

Isn’t he still heavily involved and living around? He’s meant to be sound.

Gerry destroys the Irish rugby “fan”

2 Likes

How much could they have possibly have given him that would make a difference to him.

As an aside, are they a senior clib or junior. Def some legal issues with him playing junior rugby. Need to be retired from the pro game a good while before you could do it

No idea mate. You never know what state a fella is in financially. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy would be quite close to the purse strings of fingal rugby. He might know.

1 Like

Real fans get their pints delivered i heard

3 Likes

I once played a thirds match vs mushy buckley. He must have been 40. Its some sight seeing a man his size get picked up by a scrum half. He literally ran over richie mccaw

1 Like

Id be good pals with him though not seen him in years. Last time we met up was after the Ireland Australia WC win in Auckland. Called on myself and a pal out to pints with the players in some pub way out.

Absolute top bloke.

3 Likes

Div 2 of the AIL so that would be senior i guess

The set up is fantastic there, good bar & they have a new wingman restaurant there but i cant imagine them being flush unless there was a bit of old haughty malahide money behind them

2 Likes

A pal of mine from Limerick moved to malahide to play rugby. He was extremely well looked after.

1 Like

Strange move. If he was handy, you’d have thought thered be more Dublin clubs willing to offer up if he was keen to move.

He take Malahide as a coaching/playing combo kind of gig?

Think he played under their coach previously down here.

Fair play to him. He enjoying it? Will he likely stay on after he stops playing? As really, that’s the big opportunity in lads moving up. Clubs can give a good helping hand in sorting them and putting them on the right path for after they’ve finished playing

He absolutely loves it. Not sure on that tbh but he said it’s seriously enjoyable anyway.

Good for him, hope he makes the best of it

Dunno him at all but it was a shock to turn out for a handy J2 game and he rocks out. Did he play kanturk for a few years also?

A well known limerick coach is over them