The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Someone from Leinster needs to front up here.

Do better

1 Like

Talented athletes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That’s the same page that protested the ban on trans players playing with women, yet speak up for women. Oxymoron all over the place to virtue signal

The Royal Belfast Academy Institute senior cup rugby team were in Dublin Airport this morning setting off for their warm weather training camp in Malaga, no doubt the events in the RDS last night have cast a shadow over their week. The IRFU need to take a very strong approach to this, a full apology and a test match arranged between Leinster and Ulster for Scarva on July 13th should be the first steps in an effort to repair the damage.

2 Likes

Ulster Rugby gone for the milk and the oil can at this stage.

1 Like

Can you explain the reference for the luddites?

OMFG

1 Like

It’s almost like Eddie was playing 3d chess.

1 Like

The Aussies looking for some fast acting relief from Rennie

6 Likes

Fail Up

Ah I’m not so sure on that. Jones is very smart and he’s some man to come up with a one off game plan to win games.

He runs into trouble because he tends to fall out with his coaches and then his players.

Probably a little like a peak joe mourinho.

I was fairly impressed with the Aussies in November. If he improves them from there they’ll be a very good side.

2 Likes

Eddie has fucked England here. This is gonna be beautiful to watch.

1 Like

It’s some turn up that three of the traditional big eight have sacked and replaced their coaches over the last six weeks or so yet Ian Foster, who it was thought inevitable would be sacked by New Zealand, has survived.

The Cadbury Wallabies have a very favourable draw at the World Cup. I’d expect them to win their group ahead of Wales and at this particular point in time I’d be backing them to beat Argentina or England in the quarter-final, setting them up nicely for a semi-final against the winners of a possible South Africa v New Zealand quarter-final.

Fast Eddie returning home is a great move for all parties and will add a lot of spice to a 2025 British Lions tour that threatened to be even duller than the last one. Now the prospect of it being against a World Champion Cadbury Wallaby team with a box office coach is a live one.

I don’t think it’s any surprise wales, England and Australia have all sacked their coaches and are all on the one side of the World Cup draw.

They smell a chance.

1 Like

I think it is a surprise Rennie is fired. He’s done an immense job turning what was the least competitive Aussie squad in my memory into a decent one. All done under a rediculous injury cloud and his only world class talent his captain left the squad for.mental.health reasons. So he’s navigated all of that and got them playing good rugby and then gets knifed. Very harsh

I’d say the blazers in Oz had Eddie lined up post-world cup. When he then got fired by England, they didn’t want to risk him being snapped up elsewhere so poor Rennie was given the boot.

4 Likes

His record is close to 50/50. If he had managed a Bled win or English series win then losses to the likes of Italy would be fine.

That’s all the Australian public care about (even in a limited form) between World Cups.

I feel sorry for him but thems the breaks.

I think Rugby Australia have just decided that Jones is the man to deliver a good World Cup performance to forget about the aftermath where he’ll inevitably implode again.

EDDIE
EDDIE
EDDIE!

I’ve been saying for a,long time Eddie was trying to get himself fired. 3d chess. Actually, more he was playing 25 whilst the RFU were playing snap.

2 Likes

RFU have voted to reduce the tackle height in rugby to the waist or below for everyone in the amateur game from the start of next season. That will be the beginning of the end for the game you would think.