The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Ireland will beat South Africa in the group stages, then get bet in the quarter finals.

A lot will come down to injuries, but Ireland have a great chance of winning it. The morketing will be nauseating.
It’ll be interesting to see whether they’ll try to revert to croker for big games (I’m not sure for how long they are legally tied in to Lansdowne road, or what way the sums would add up), but they are currently a far bigger draw than Lansdowne road. If they win it’ll be like garruth brooks the few seasons after.

2 Likes

They way they’ve bumped up ticket prices means that they’d probably still make more with 50k than they would with 82k combined with cost of renting Croker out.

Even a family day out at a Connacht match is at least setting you back 100 these days. It’s crazy money.

1 Like

No way the IRFU are going to croker, there’s lads in the office here still scarred, mostly mentally, after the few games there a while back. Not sure they will win the wc. The saffers and kiwis are different beasts at these tournaments and the French seem well equipped to handle the home pressure. Hype/marketing will be off the charts irrespective of the result on Saturday

Thank God they’re not fully dependent on an aging outhalf this time.

Be a ballsy move to start sexton on the bench this Saturday. Perfect situation to do so and, if WC genuine biggest target, won’t get a better opportunity to replicate high pressure environment of a wc quarters.

1 Like

Over €100 I see for an actual Friendly against England next August in Lansdowne. €35 for the same type of match against Italy before that.

1 Like

Sexton has been poor enough this six nations. He’s one of the weaker links now.

Its almost like they’re sleepwalking into the same mistakes all over again.

The auld rubby set like @flattythehurdler and @Bandage can afford that no bother.

I downloaded and got the free trial off showmax for this. A great watch, one of the best sporting documentaries EVER.

Ben Healy on for his Scottish debut.

Poor old Hugh “NUMBERS OUT WIDE” Cahill sounds fairly downbeat been stuck commentating on the Scotch game, when all the action is in Dublin

1 Like

Scotland about to do a scotland here

Italy deserve a win.

Italy are so dumb. Can hardly get out of their own way.

That was class from the scotch.

I don’t really understand the rules, but RTE lads saying a definite offside completely ignored by the ref? And in next breadth - Scotland deserved it

Can someone answer me this?
How is the distance from goal calculated for a conversion kick after a try. I understand the field position in relation to the touchdown but what about the distance out from goal?

The conversion attempt is taken from a spot perpendicular to where the try was scored