The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

And will presumably be showing Georgia vs Czech Republic in the soccer football on another channel.

The hurling will end up on the News Now channel or some such nonsense.

Rte can swerve it now as TG4 will show it?

He was poor this evening, a busted flushā€¦

We never got going at allā€¦ seemed to start very nervous or stiffā€¦ handling errors everywhere, looked rudderless at times (typified by a balls up under a box kick at one point in 2nd half)ā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™d imagine they are obligated to show it

But Iā€™d be less religious on the point if one of the Irish teams wasnā€™t playing

Only 7 Munster players make the 35 man squad for the tour to South Africa.

No Jack Conan and still Gavin Coombes doesnā€™t make it.

Bizarre bringing Peter o mahony and cian Healy.

Iā€™d strongly suspect Andy Farrell is finished.

And Izuchukwu jumps Coombes too. Heā€™s having a difficult time. He might be better off having the summer off and getting a good preseason than going on this.

Uninspiring squad but thereā€™s not many younger players coming to mind that should have been included instead.

Gas he keeps promoting these Leinster tens but couldnā€™t see fit to cap Kleyn or frish.

Healy and Pom are finished at international level. Itā€™s almost unfair asking them.

Munster going to start losing lads abroad soon. Coombes will get a pace increase.

He was right not to select Kleyn or Frisch. Neither as good as the options we have on hand.

I donā€™t understand what you mean by promoting Leinster tens. He has to pick back ups, Leinster have them. Great he went for youth with prendergast.

Surprised Loughman isnā€™t there, not cause heā€™s great just cause thereā€™s no one else. Does Oā€™Toole also play loosehead?

I donā€™t understand bringing POM myself but once he was made captain I suppose he has to go.

Iā€™m a fan of Coombes but he needs to up his game.

1 Like

No he wasnā€™t.

Ireland will get absolutely walloped this summer.

Schidmt and the Aussies will turn over the lions.

Farrell will be finished and Irfu wonā€™t pay him off.

Munster, Ulster and Connacht budgets already shrinking.

Going to get messy.

McCarthy is already better than Kleyn. Frisch is good but well behind our top three centres.

You just donā€™t get it do you.

Doris has been awful for ages now and still getting picked ahead of Coombes.

All you have to do is give him a summer off and say to Coombes this your chance to make a play.

Thatā€™s what these tours are all about.

You want to cap 30 year old dirt trackers just because it would suit Munster.

1 Like

Coombes was a sub and only brought on for the last 25 minutes in his last game. What planet are you on?

Is that 28 year old antoine Frisch whoā€™s going travelling Argentina with the French squad this month ?