The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

You could see the argument . Thereā€™s nothing really to win .

Blade was much better than I expected

1 Like

Delighted for Frawley!

1 Like

Profit to today, from an Ireland perspective the Kings Park Durban probably best remembered as the venue for Frannoā€™s last test match in 1995.

1 Like

The last time Ireland led in a World Cup quarter-final. Still another 1200 odd days to go until that statistic can be put right.

Frano can dine out on the fact heā€™s played on every Ireland team ever to lead a World Cup quarter-final, all two of them.

1 Like

How did South Africa ever recover from Franno

They call him showbizz for a reasonā€¦ 2 younger brothers coming behind himā€¦
Also fair play to Murray rolling back the yearsā€¦
Fck me I enjoyed that. Watched it in a bar with some highly obnoxious Saffers

5 Likes

Signing back in lads. Itā€™s been someday of sport really. Will throw the kettle on and see if this argentina france gameis worth a watch.

1 Like

https://x.com/raeburnshield/status/1812175891385974984?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

Just as a matter of interest, are Ireland deemed to have won the series and if so why?

Noā€¦the Raeburn shield is like conkers as far as I can seeā€¦if you beat the holders you take it until you are beaten yourself

1 Like

Thatā€™s the magic of the Raeburn Shield.

1 Like

The fat lad Mick McCarthy from OTB is having an absolute meltdown on X at people not taking this game as seriously as him :joy:

2 Likes

Look at this spoon

https://twitter.com/mccarthymick/status/1812172734446633432?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Getting a fair roasting in the replies

Try fest in Argentina

Rubby lads enjoy that sort of thing.

As an aside, was there anything ever more socodu than frawley mouthing to henshaw ā€œweā€™re going for the dropperā€ before he indeed went for ā€œthe dropperā€
Fcuk it though, those lads would make you proud to be Irish. Look like something off deliverance on steroids, and interview like a gonzaga choirboy after.

1 Like

Watched some of the rubby with my auld lad earlier. Sometimes you gotta endure something you donā€™t really like to spend time with someone you love. My goodness that Irish full back who Iā€™ve never heard of before was immense. His moxy reminded me of the time Johnny Sexton went down to Musgrave Park & walked all over Munster as a youngster. What club & province is Osborn/Osborne/Osbourne?

Heā€™s a Leinster man the same as yourselfā€¦came through the club system and not schoolā€¦naas rfc

2 Likes