The Rugby World Rankings Thread

This weighty subject deserves a standalone thread of its own. Its beginning to clog up important match day discussion on the dedicated 2019 Rugby World Cup thread.

3 Likes

Rankings in rugby! It’s Nz and who can beat them. Boks lost 57-0 to them in 17, and lads on here giving them a +6 head start putting big money on.

@ChairmanDan am I right in saying WR points count double during the comp?

Our current (inflated) lofty status means thw coefficient is dragged down vs lower ranking sides

You’d better run that one by @glasagusban. He’s holding himself out as the resident expert on the rugby world rankings.

She’s

Sorry about that slip. I’m new around here and still figuring it all out.

Where are Wales in the rankings now?

Before or after this win over Georgia?

After.

Yes that is the case. Another desperate backward step in the professional game, the world cup is what it’s all about now which is why you are seeing very unusual results in autumn and summer tours. If the tours are to be retained its probably time to remove their test status.

Have to be number 1 after that

Wales are 4th … South Africa are all the way down in 5th … Ireland will walk all over them surely.

I wouldn’t be worried about anyone under us in the rankings.

Did you work out the coefficient? I thought about doing it for a second or two before deciding I couldn’t be arsed. Rankings haven’t mattered since the draw was made nearly two and a half years ago.

Updated rankings after this mornings matches.

1. New Zealand 90.98
  2. England 88.13
  3. Wales 87.32
  4. Ireland 85.93
  5. South Africa 85.75
  6. Australia 85.07
  7. France 81.04
  8. Japan 80.70
  9. Scotland 80.54
  10. Argengina 76.79
  11. Georgia 73.29
  12. Fiji 72.42

Rankings don’t matter you said?

They dont. But well worth posting them to reinforce that and how fickle they are

Geoff tells us rankings don’t matter and he posts the rankings… He tells us bookies rarely get it wrong and then he tells us we can’t go by bookies…as a once every four years guy, its very hard to keep up with it all

2 Likes

Superb bantz choco. Well worth getting up early for.

early? Half the day is gone?