The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Block release was stopped way back, in terms of Fitzgibbon

Cullen in DCU after school. There were others though.

Just reading online there how some girls School is going mental that they have to pull out of an all Ireland semi final because 13 of their squad have their mocks. Strange I thought, wouldn’t be usual to have games on mid week this late in the year. The game is on a Saturday and is a 2 hour journey each way. So they are kicking up a stink about it and how it should be changed.

Has things changed so much in the past few years that they get shitty over this? I remember my mocks starting on a Monday. I wasn’t even hung over, I was still half drunk after we won the leinster on the Sunday afternoon. There was never any talk of the game or mocks being changed.

Or is it that girls think the world will end if they miss some study on a Saturday afternoon for fucking mocks.

What school was it pal? Is it the games tomorrow?

Not sure, think it’s a school from Cavan.

Buff Egan was going on about it last night. It’s a Cavan school alright - junior or senior D camogie.

I recall some dearly beloved TFK members playing against an Eoin Kelly powered St Kieran’s side in a senior colleges hurling match during the middle of our mocks. Tender by Blur was a very popular track at the time.

3 Likes

I see Ulster University fielded an ineligible player and still couldn’t go on and win the Sigerson.

Mary I and UCC through to the semi finals. UL and LIT should join them today.

More Garda whistleblowers ignored

We’re back.

2 Likes

What a shocking lack of respect for the institution being shown in that photo. Sickening to see standards drop like that in college.

The winners mentality will be a big help next week.

Tom Kingston quoted in this mornings Irish Examiner.

"We feel the finals weekend is where we should be every year. Maybe, that is cockiness on our part. We are back now and we will do our very best at the weekend.”

Carlow not lying down

Which lads ?

UL 0-12
Carlow 3-7

UL had breeze in 1st half

2 Likes

It shows, outscored them by 2 points.

Ffs the block release lads were getting a useful qualification

Sounds like Tony Kelly is going to have to throw another team up on his shoulders and get them over the line.

@ul_gaa 0-14 @ITCarlowGAA 3-9

Hon Rowland

And rightly so with the big bucks UL are paying him.

1 Like