The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Doesnā€™t mean they have a walk on culture. You know they donā€™t.

People go to UCC and UCD to do a course and then play football or hurling or whatever. UCG probably similar. TCD for sure is like that.

Colleges like UUJ , IIT AND DCU went out and got footballers to do courses. Its actually no good for anyone long term. Its dumb as fuck tbh.

I do get that, you donā€™t seem to grasp the fact that Sigerson will mean a lot more to guys who have not established themselves at intercounty level, than it will to guys who have All Stars in their back pockets, who have played in Provincial finals and have medals in their back pockets and who have played in AI quarters, semis and finals.

I donā€™t think these guys will make , to guys who donā€™t get to compete at a national level, it will mean a lot. To guys who go from playing to thousands at Croke Park to a couple of hundred on a mid week afternoon on some university campus, it probably doesnā€™t mean a lot.

To reiterate, I donā€™t think players on county panels should be eligible for university competitions.

Nonsense. Be totally devalued without inter county players.

Sigerson and Fitzgibbon medals are much sought after despite fact that only watched by one mand his dog. And Brian Cody.

2 Likes

You can repeat it all you want. Its just as dumb now.

Most IC player who play for 1 college love it and rate those wins very highly.

Again you are showing complete ignorence to the reality of sport

1 Like

ahem

couch cough

sigerson isnt taking seriously

1 Like

Plus your dealing with a very small cohort of players of college going age who have these all ireland or provincial medals. No young fella from Cork should/would be turning his nose up at a medal of any description now.

If they didnā€™t want to play it they wouldnā€™t anyway its as simple as that

Most?

Conjecture of a lunatic.

Well its all the players i know, have met or read about. However i sure there were some who didnā€™t care much

https://www.instagram.com/p/wbrTaTR3wr/?taken-by=jamesbarry90&hl=en

2 Likes

Who was the gimp that used to be going on about ā€˜collegeā€™ ?

Thatā€™s the one :smile:

Mighty pic :joy:

I know the face but canā€™t put a name on himā€¦

Willie Griffin, formerly of Kildimo, now of Adare.

Ah yes!!!

UL beat DIT in sigerson 1/4

Hegarty had a big influence & scored 2 points

Freezing cold.

Eoghan Oā€™Garaā€™s mini-me brother could be a good targetman

@downyourthroats was it?

1 Like

Thatā€™s himā€¦ gee bag. What name does he post under now?

Thereā€™s no-one on here raving about ā€œDe Collegeā€ this year. Maybe heā€™s Willie Griffin?

w.r.t. DCU, didnt they have Brian or Bryan Cullen playing with them when he was well into his mid 30ā€™s and about to retire from inter county?
ah its a joke of a thing especially in the ITs
all these animals come in on block release for a few months and join up, CIT drafted in donal og and diarmuid o sullivan one year, dont get me started on the faux rivalry between cross town collegesā€¦ ah its a shameful fucking contest

4 Likes