The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

If Davy leaves now heā€™ll be in Ferns in time for Wexford training tonight. :clap:

19 - 14

He will be angry and will run the bollix out of them.

Gillane mugging kiely off again?

1 Like

Yerra he wouldnā€™t hurl spuds to ducks come June. JK1 subbed him at Ht v Cork u21 last Summer

:joy:

Fucking sure it did :joy:

In later times youā€™d have fellas on to you to " come out to the B Town for a few itā€™s just as good as town" eh lads sorry itā€™s not.

The only thing worth going out to Rossa avenue for was a bag of smoke

The college of comm was where you went to get a certificate to become a secretary

Mary I will win handy tomorrow,still sick I never backed them.

Not really. Carlow has some superb courses that are far superior to similar University degrees

I was only on the wind up a bit, I know theyā€™ve been going down the Sports college route of late, I was merely displaying my teenage prejudices.

Iā€™d love for Mary I to do it again if only for Jamie Wall, what an inspiration and the word is that heā€™s a good coach as well.

1 Like

Whatā€™s his story?

He will have a very good career in managment,a real inspiration.

Former Cork u21 hurler, spinal injury, paralysed, didnā€™t take to wheelchair sports, took over Mary I after Cregan left, lovely guy apparently but also a good coach. Read about him, heā€™s inspirational.
Still only 24

4 Likes

Theyā€™re a serious teamā€¦its unbelievable how many inter county hurlers are taking up teaching even compared to 6/7 years ago.

Teachers,Guards,Army.Standard GAA.

Considering the ratio of men to women in that collegeā€¦Mary I getting to the final over the last two years is unbelievable going.

I watched the Limerick teachers interfirm team play last year one night in ULā€¦was ridiclous the players they had.

1 Like

Not even an injury. He just woke up one morning paralysed didnā€™t he? Got some form of a virus.

He was a dual minor and had played U21 football and for intermediate county hurling side. Heā€™s also Podge Collins first cousin I think

Was Wall not the brains behind Mary I last year?

He was involved alright, yes.