The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Anybody get the final score in the St Peter’s College-Good Counsel Leinster Senior Colleges “A” hurling match yesterday?

cc @Gman

Peters won 4-12 to 2-11

1 Like

Fantastic stuff.

1 Like

We’re fucking back boy

1 Like

Fitzgibbon cup has already started. How did we miss that?

Forde and Tony Kelly could nearly think about leaving college at some stage

United :red_circle: :black_circle:

Forde stood out for me alright. Only thing worse than a cunt who wont leave college, is a cunt whos left college going on about his old colleges sports team.

That time of year to resurface alright. Let’s hope Carlow keep kicking the shit out of “College” anyway

Wouldnt matter. They could beat them 5 times out of 5, which they have done, and some simpletons still wouldnt get it.

14 man IT Carlow best those fannies in Mary I Today 1-22 to 0-22

IT Carlow - E Rowland (0-3f); S Reck, K Hannafin, R Brown; M Redmond, J Doyle, M Harney; C Dunford (0-2), R Leahy (1-1); S Downey, M Kavanagh (0-9, 6f, 1’65), C Dwyer (0-6); M Russell, J Fagan, C Dunbar (0-1).

Mary Immaculate College - E Cahill (0-3, 2f); C McCullagh, D Prendergast, C Stapleton; D Browne, S Taylor (0-1), T Grimes (0-1); J Mackey, L Meade (0-2); A Gillane (0-7, 6f, 1’65), C Lynch (0-5), P Ryan; G Cooney (0-1), T O’Mahony (0-1), B Corry (0-1). Subs: D Peters for C Stapleton, C Guilfoyle for B Corry, N Heffernan for P Ryan.

Did the Mary I goalie get a point from play.

I’m tempted to switch allegiance back to College.

Much weaker looking Mary I than the last two years

The game was played in Heywood outside Abbeyleix.

Tiny astro pitch. Most keepers at that level could put a puck out wide there with a bit of wind behind them.

I played with Derek Slattery from fermoy in College. He scored 5 points one day and would regularly get 2 or 3 from behind our 45

UCC look very strong.

And they must be to accommodate Kingston over them

UL have a serious team on paper. They’ll find a way to mess it up though.

These days it’s down to luck of how much of a dope the inter county managers are that are re over the lads involved.
Have heard of inter county managers ringing lads on a Friday before a Fitz/Sigerson weekend saying if you lose now today we’ll see you Sunday. …and similar types of nonsense.

So anyone with Wexford players is bollixed

Can’t see a choke from that manager.

Who is it?