The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

The Examiner went with the headline - Annihilation -

a dark day for Cork sport.

Not diverting. Iā€™m staying on point. You said Paddy Durcan was not an established intercounty player. He clearly is.

No you are not.

I asked for 10 names.

You neither have come up with any proof, even media, that these lads couldnā€™t give a monkeys about Sigerson

No, youā€™re now changing from the line of discussion. You made the point Paddy Durcan was not an established intercounty footballer. It was baloney of the highest regard, now you want to change tack from that line of discussion.

Using baloney anecdotal evidence is not really going to cut it. County players for the big teams have much bigger priorities for them right now, Sigerson is just a box ticking exercise for their scholarships in reality for the established county footballer.

When was the last time these intercounty players last trained with their college teams?

Hard hitting stuff in the Examiner.

The recriminations will be fairly serious to this I suspect

Last month.

You have diverted because you know you havenā€™t a clue and cannot prove andnything.

You are guessing where as I am at least using experience and relationships formed.

So stop wasting my time if you are not going to discuss/argue what you actually claim yourself

You waste your own time spoofing and throwing out fabricated anecdotes that you tie yourself up in knots trying to defend.

If you want to stop wasting your time, then stop spoofing.

So nothing to back up your point whatsoever

Itā€™s an opinion.

Iā€™m not trying to back up my point by putting forward, unnamed, unverified, flimsy anecdotal evidence like you are.

Please put forward your evidence.

Itā€™s up to you to prove your point.

But anyway you have confirmed you havenā€™t a notion and I and right you are guessing

Heā€™s not back on the panel a wet week you madman. :grin:

25 lines per player on the panels? Must try harder.

Heā€™s one of Tippā€™s main men. The only reason he hasnā€™t played football lately is that he opted to play Hurling instead.

I donā€™t have to prove an opinion. I merely need to offer it and articulate the rationale around it.

You browl

Rates a fitzgibon over a senior county win? I find that extremely hard to believe. He obviously doesnā€™t play with a country club.

Browl?

Sigerson above club.

Some lads look at things in terms of levels, not emotion. Just the way it is.

That is rural too.

Not sure why you think it means less to city lads

Do you look at Cian Oā€™Neill with emotion?

I presume heā€™s nemo? Well used to winning counties.