The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

So it was. Carry on.

A night for headers. UCC got a headed goal. I had thought they were disallowed.

No they let it pass,they are a cork university after all,none of your technology shams there

University College Dublin 5-8
Cork Institute of Technology 0-10

Garda College 1-15
Institute of Technology Sligo 1-10

Hon University

UCC yes

Having reviewed the 2019 panels, I will be throwing my lot in with UCD this year.

Think we might be a little short of fire power. A very solid team from midfield to the half forward line though.

No Monaghan men for the poly or Queens :sob:

Not a lot between Jtown/UCD/UCC. Where’s finals weekend being held this year?

I’m sure they will get McCarthy on a postgrad next year, mate.

1 Like

UL play UCC in fitz at 2pm today

Going out there to swell the crowd

2 Likes

Ooooooooffft

Fitzgibbon Cup Results

Limerick IT 1-14 IT Carlow 1-13
UL 0-20 UCC 0-26
NUIG 1-18 UCD 3-12

1 Like

Is it just the lads actually in Templemore at the time that can play for the guards?

UL don’t look as good on paper this year. Few lads I was surprised to see starting for them. College went down and walked all over the cunts

1 Like

That’s a dinger of a Twitter account

Just in from UL

A deserved win for college with the unerring accuracy of their shooting leaving UL to chase the game. They played paddy o’loughlin as a sweeper which did not really work out. They meased aroubd with short puckouts and conceded at least 6 pts from giving the ball away at the back. however UL were relying on jake morris and Ian galvin to carry the front 8 and did not have enough up front with them.

Barry murphy did some nice things but not enough. Tom morrissey was playing a hard working game but the big ucc halfbacks were hitting hard.
Ronan lynch was the ul sweeper, he picked up a lot of ball but played it safe with short passes.
Mark Coleman hurled a rake of ball, hit his frees and a pointed a line ball.
Shane Kingston was always a threat while robbie o’flynn was very dangerous when he came on.

1 Like