The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Its always an honour to stroll down Mardyke walk as the floodlights illuminate the winter sky.

The Canon was a larger than life character, the Godfather of Cork and UCC hurling. He had that Corkness about him. It was quite simple with him when it came to hurling, “we’re better than you”.

1 Like

Lethal at sidelines aswell.

I actually was at one of their matches recently and I’m pretty sure it was the same fella missed the pick-up for a free. Was in his own half that time so didn’t cut it over the bar.

I also overheard one of their coaches mention that he’d done it recently. While it’s obviously a skilful finish, it’s not really a habit you want to be getting into.

He should probably just take the frees off the ground altogether at the rate he’s going.

Very honest stuff here. A crying shame the way the suits in Croke Park are doing their utmost to destroy these noble competitions.

Very underwhelming squad this year, they must have run out of cash.

1 Like

Paul Rouse the manager?!!

Tyrone man.

Eoghan O’Brien is a very good keeper

FT from Dangan.

College 0-19
UCG 0-17

The Skull and Crossbones flying high once again.

1 Like

Austin Gleeson went off with a knee injury for Waterford IT. Didn’t look great.

He had played well; but LIT were very very poor.

Con O’Callaghan popped his shoulder in the warm up for UCD

DCU put UL on their holes today I see

Not to mention IT Carlow doing likewise to UCD.

DCU team looked a lot stronger on paper: Rory O’Connor, John Donnelly, Damien Reck, Paddy Smyth, Donal Burke; all fine players.

UL team looks a lot weaker than the past few years.

Leinster Hurling mullockers all. And from Ballymun University and all, a disgrace to the noble competition.

IT Carlow go down to Tralee and walk all over Donaghys boys, making a mockery of the 10/1 odds.

Sigerson Result.

College 2-12
UCG 1-14

A Day of Days in Dangan.

That was a hilarious missed free for NUIG with the last kick