The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

The proportion of inter county hurlers to students in Mary I must be off the charts :joy:

1 Like

I only caught the last 5 minutes of normal time, couldnā€™t even stay for the E/T,
Delighted to bate the Castletroy scum though

Biggest crowd Iā€™ve seen over there, both sides completely full

SCR abu, cc @caulifloweredneanderthal

1 Like

Fuck UCC

1 Like

sign in there @downyourthroats
can you set the scene for us? presume Dr.Con will have the lads well prepared?

Delighted for the Mary I Alumni, thereā€™ll be a real buzz amongst the former arts students down the dole office for the next few weeks

3 Likes

There will be extra gherkin and ketchup on those burgers tonight

2 Likes

More likely theyā€™ll be using religion time to teach the story of David and Goliath and comparing it to the college with 50 male pupils batin the bollix off another scummy college with 10000 in a big hurling match :rofl:

1 Like

Dr Paddy Crowley and Dr Con Murphy will both be imparting their words of wisdom.

The boys themselves will need very little reminder of the significance of the occasion. A home quarter final, in the Dyke, against the boys from Belfield, for some itā€™ll be their last home game in the Skull & Crossbones.

It doesnā€™t get bigger than this.

1 Like

Ooooffftttt

Fuck UCC mate

Weā€™ve just walked all over those UL cunts

1 Like

Are the Teachers seriously looking forward to another pasting from College?

College? Obviously not the most educated cohort if they just call themselves ā€˜collegeā€™

The I, the I, the Mary I

Cc @anon61878697

1 Like

Walked all over the bastards.

Absolute scenes, a queue outside on the road to get into the old stand. The whole of Mary I are celebrating tonight.

Would Mary I students normally hit the Old Stand? Iā€™ve never heard of them going there before. Or anyone for that matter :joy:

Never in my 18 years thereā€¦ Has it been taken over in recent times?

1 Like

Someone may have mentioned that on here recently actually

Make no mistake about it guys, this is a slick College outfit.

Some fine stickmen and a lovely blend of established stars and relatively unknown players with big futures ahead of them.

The essence of the Fitzgibbon.

2 Likes

How does this crop rank in the pantheon of great College teams ??

They used to do a serious breakfast in the Old Stand about 13 years ago. I was with a bird living on Joseph Street at the time and used to tip down there for the fry in the morning