The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

I am in my fuck.

Please do not insult me like that again.

Everyone has got the shits off the hut and gone back. It’s like drinking Guinness, you’ve to get over it

Fuck it I might actually try it again it’s been 10/12 years.

I think it’s time.

Don’t go in sober

That I can do.

You reckon there’s going to be two of him next year?

Flannans up by two in injury time. Would be a big win as Tony Butler and Hegarty didn’t start and they had a man sent off

2 Likes

Looking at the form guide on this competition so far we could be looking at 2 Galway teams in final .

1 Like

Flannans were 8-1 down at one point against a strong breeze. Won by three for a finish.

2 Likes

Brendan Bugler working his magic

Yes it’s willie griffin

When we were young. :red_circle: :black_circle:

3 Likes

Was Christy Ring any good?

1 Like

not many big names on the 1983 squad

Kerry had one player on it Christy Walsh

Christy Walsh was a great hurler . Played railway cup I think .

One thing is that there is a huge increase of players on county panels who played Fitzgibbon Cup . For example the current Limerick team nearly all played Fitzgibbon whereas few enough of the 90s did so . That is reflective of society as a whole though .

yes Christy played Railway Cup, more than one year too I think

You are correct re Fitzgibbon presence on county panels

A black lad with a Cavan accents has to be one of the strangest things I’ve seen/heard.

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/05/22/bonnar-involved-in-seven-of-wits-wins/?fbclid=IwAR1m1zO10dQpoR4eX2dttvLm3OvdMWNREO7t7cyoABV0gYvy7WEsWxmnU6Y#.Xsy_h7J4WhC

A lovely tribute to our beloved Mardyke. Should provide some light reading during these spooky times.

1 Like