The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Flannans were against the breeze first half.

The Examiner are streaming it if you’re at nothing else

Flannans look far superior. Midleton should have won the semi by 5-6 points so no surprise.

1 Like
2 Likes

That is a big win for Flannans, first Harty as a day school and only the second time they have won it with an all Clare starting 15.

The side made up of all mid Clare lads as opposed to mainly farmers sons from East Clare, north tipp, limerick and south Galway.

Bugler the main influence there nowadays?

1 Like

With this group, Jamesie and others heavily involved in hurling in the school.

Unfortunately Brendan is an acolyte who has them playing with a sweeper as the default. There is an excellent crop of 16 -18 year olds coming through in Clare. Tulla making the quarters of the Harty would of been unheard of a few back.

1 Like

I was told that they were aiming to win Harty next year with this bunch. I believe they have about 10 of the team underage again next year. Great achievement. School is only as good as the players clubs are feeding in. A great day for Clare.

Ive been told david clifford is transferring to UL for next year, doing pe teaching or something. That really changes the Sigerson dynamic. Correct me if that is old news :joy:

He did fuck all with a good Tralee team this year.

Regardless of how he played in one game - still got 4 from play mind you - him alone will put UL in with a shout. They also have James Carr, thatll make some inside forward line

He was in a forward line in Tralee that contained Jack Savage, Tony Brosnan, himself and Barry John Keane. 4 Kerry senior county players.

James Carr would want to be fair good.

Whatever happened that Jack Savage?

He had a decent league one year and then seemed to go to shit.

Castletroy College of Further Education cc @downyourthroats again showing themselves up by letting some lad from an IT in because he’s a good footballer

1 Like

Dunno, Keane shipped him out when he came in. A strange one.

It won’t matter anyway cause Clifford is different gravy.

Chicken Hut Gravy?

I hope not, it’s a load of shit. Putty.

Hand in your papers to the council, you’ve revoked your limerick status

I know but it’s a myth to me anyway. Definitely got a stomach bug one time after the place & I’ve never been back.

Are you a blow in?