The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

TUS is the old LIT? I thought Athlone IT had some derivative of the Shannon in it’s new name as well :thinking:

We’ll have to get a rundown of all these new monikers before the Fitz/Sigerson kicks off in earnest

Do you have any details about that match?

2nd Year Hurling - FT

@TUSMidwestSport: 3-10
@nuiggaa1: 1-16

Fresher Hurling League - Full Time:

@TUSMidwestSport 4-9
@nuiggaa1 3-29

I presume that’s the 2nd Years team above?

I thought Ger Hickey was living in Limerick these days and involved with a club out that way. Think he is also involved with Clare development squads.

In with Crecora the last few years if it’s the same man

1 Like

It is I’d say, a nice chap. Hurling man

Yeah it is

1 Like

Some people find him difficult to get on with. He’s a good coach, but I wouldn’t say his man management skills are always spectacular.

1 Like

He is from Broadford, what would you expect. He was a small narky hurler on the pitch

All Clare derby in the Dean Ryan final tomorrow, a few token limerick lads are playing too

1 Like

Impressive Clare showing in that final. Bodes well for their minors next year surely

Ard Scoil ClĂĄr is going to be a massive shot in the arm for Clare hurling going forward.

Thankfully the Limerick lads were too thick to qualify as teachers so we have a few agents in there, it’s working away nicely

St Joseph’s Tulla 2 points up against Colmans, HT in ET.

Colman’s were 5 up in additional time when Tulla hit 1-2 without reply. All of Tulla’s scores came from frees in normal time.

What clubs do Tulla draw out of?

Tulla win AET by 3 points. Fair play to them. A massive upset

Clare are back

Tulla, Scariff, Feakle, O Callaghan Mills mainly. They wouldn’t have a massive pick but always a top B school. Have been doing well in Harty recently.

@myboyblue
Did ye make the trip to Limerick this evening? It was a cracking game

I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about?