The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

There are a lot of watery overhyped lads there like Downey and Connery.

But 
but
their Cark like!

As good a time as any to resurrect this cracking post.

6 Likes

Jack O Connor

@peddlerscross is right. i haven’t heard of half those players

2 Likes

Was he playing he was?

You are doing well if you’ve heard of half them to be honest.

UCC had the most ‘recognisable’ team and my god they were dreadful. I know conditions were bad but you’d be expecting so much more.

1 Like

Played the second half and barely got a puck

Heartbreak for College.

Plenty of soul searching on Washington Street tonight.

Sean Downey walked all over the cunts

That list vindicates @peddlerscross. A mammoth difference between that team and the 2018 UL vintage. Is there one name there that a casual hurling fan would know?

1 Like

There’s more house holdnames on the freshers I’d say

But but but S&C

But but but Covid

About time people faced up to the reality of the situation.

Ucc had household names all over their team but werent trying a leg i thought. County managers have destroyed the club scene and are doing the same to the college scene.

1 Like

Went to see UL & CIT.

UL started well with Mikey Kiely causing serious bother. The CIT goalie made a couple of saves to keep them in the game.

CIT were actually better in the second half, UL totally lost their shape. Rodgers was poor enough for UL, the two centre forwards Gaeroid O’Connor and Liam O’Shea I think we’re the best on show.

O’Grady of Kilteely has some wheels but lacks hurling to play in the forwards, he’s better in midfield @Aristotle.

Cian Galvin was rusty on his first day back.

UL good but don’t have 15 either. Their goalie is very dodgy. Collins was class for CIT at the otter end.

1 Like

I wouldn’t really class them as household names either.

Nobody who has really done anything of note at all bar maybe Jack O’Connor.

The UCC team of 2 or 3 years ago with Coleman, Kingston, Fitzgibbon, Robbie O’Flynn were way better than these lads.

Carlow don’t really have anyone very good either. They at least played like a team though and were well prepared by DJ, Mick Dempsey and Colin Dunford.

1 Like

They’ve Sean Downey mate and that’s all they need

You’d think Dean Mason of Ballyhale would be starting. Obviously just focused on the club final and probably rightly so in this case.

It’s probably Masons weakness also.