The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Colmans were 100%, they were the strongest group at Dean Ryan. Lots of good hurlers but they lost their best one to injury in Cillian Tobin. CBC and Midleton ended up doing as well at they did.

2 Likes

Who was hyping Midleton? They have one Cork U-20 and a few Cork Minors - hardly the making of a Harty Cup winning team. In saying that, they usually flatter to deceive but Iā€™m not sure that applies to this group.

1 Like

I think the u15 team were getting praised here during the week

1 Like

U-15s donā€™t tog out for Harty.

They were. Most of that Harty team are there next year.

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

2 Likes

Unless they are Brian Corcoran

Sarcasm not your strong point ChocolateMice.

Aidan McCormack, Jake Dillon, Cian Lynch all did off the top of my head.

Dillon was a main man for the all conquering DLS team at that age.

3 Likes

Paudie O Sullivan was another child wonder.

1 Like

Not sure that means a whole lot. Murnane, Wilk, Leahy, Oā€™Callaghan and Oā€™Sullivan were the main lads, I assume they are all gone.

Paudie Sul played Harty at U-15?

Balanced yes but they have a few stars in Adam Daly and Ben Currivan. First time in the final.

1 Like

Iā€™d say as a third year for sure.

Theres a big difference between a 15 year old who turns 16 later that year playing and an out and out U15.

Dillon will always be the optimum boy wonder in my view. He was playing wing forward and getting involved in everything back then.

McCormack and Cian Lynch were subs coming on to try nick a late goal.

2 Likes

Wilks and Leahy are gone. Murnane and o csllaghan are deffo there. A year makes a huge difference on days like this. Thurles were physically stronger around the pitch. Its a disappointing result but just sport at the end of the day. Thurles were excellent.

1 Like

Played in goal

Afaik Thurles and Ard Scoil are also very young. Colmans will be kicking themselves.

2 Likes

They threw it away

1 Like

Tobin was a huge loss to be fair.

1 Like