The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Mungret I think.

The late lamented NUIG v UL probably the big game. Repeat of last yearā€™s final. The new Uni of Galway is a right mouthful by the way. They will need to come up with a better abbreviation than that.

1 Like

What was wrong with UCG? :man_shrugging:t2:

UG is what was written on the door of their dressing room in Mary I yesterday

UNIGAL?

:smirk:

1 Like
1 Like

An auld wagon that one. Ger Lock softened her

6 Likes

Sheā€™s a mental patient on social media.

Interesting to see Dean Mason started ahead of Rhys Shelly for the Wolves last night.

Dean is on a scholarship so has to start.

From what Iā€™ve seen of both, Shelly is better. Must have a decent chance of being Tippā€™s starting keeper in Championship?

1 Like

Shelly should start for Tipp alright on talent.

Mason is iconic though and brings a big game temperament to proceedings.

He must have been still drunk playing. Baf form making him play this week.

Bad form yeah especially as it was a dead rubber for UL? Himself and Corcoran should have been at the Thyestes in Gowran Park.

According to my sources, Rory Gallagher had Glass, Ethan Doherty and Conleith McGuckin back training on Wednesday night which was even worse.

1 Like

Heā€™s class, his temperament would have been very questionable underage but itā€™s seem to have settled a bit year on year, typical goalie in that respect.

Miles better than Mason, has the potential to be one of the best in the game.

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised Mcguckian is a derry player, he doesnā€™t seem up to that standard. Rory knows better I guess

Glass and Doherty are straight in from the start.

McGuckin was the Derry Under 20 captain a year or two back and was MOTM v Kilcoo.

Having said that Iā€™d rate about 10 Glen lads ahead of him but most of them have decided to focus solely on the Malachy Oā€™Rourke project last year and Gallagher wont ask them a second time. Heā€™d be military like about those things.

1 Like

Derry would have an unbelievable outfit if they added a few more of those lads. Dougan, Jack Doherty, Tallon, Tiernan Flanagan are all quality, quality footballers

1 Like

Thats laughable. Give them a few weeks off. County managerā€™s are burning players out.