The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Think I found it

3-20 to 2-17 to UL played on 08 November

Thank you!

NUIG hit by injuries and player management. Tommy Conroy and James McLaughlin never got on the field for them this year. Top scorer Tomo Culhane injured in previous game. And Sean Kelly barely used due to his heavy schedule the past 12 months. Only came on mid way through the 2nd half last night. Probably the most talented squad on paper but couldnā€™t get them all on the field together.

Is that recently retired Limerick goalie Barry Hennessy playing for SETU Waterford tonight?

Yes

Lot of old lads on that team actually. Stephen Bennett must be nearly 30

Heā€™d be 28 this year. Last year minor was 2013.

Mary I with a smash and grab on UL in the Freshers hurling tonight. Late goal and point saw them win by 2.

Whatā€™s the craic with Mary I being so strong at hurling? They hardly all teachers?

GAA players have to be teachers now sure

Primary Teaching a very popular career choice amongst young sports people and only a few places you can do it.

Their intercounty u20 player to general male student population ratio must be off the charts.

3 Likes

Or work in ā€˜recruitmentā€™

But traditionally there would be fuck all lads in the teacher training colleges. St. Patā€™s would have played in the Trench cup because of it

Smash-and-grab seems a small bit of a harsh statement - they were very good in the 2nd half and did well to claw back 8 point deficit at one stage in 1st half down to 5 points

Have to say - itā€™s criminal Vince Harrington has no involvement at any level with county currently

UCC v St Maryā€™s going to penalties

Perhaps a touch harsh but donā€™t think Mary I led at any stage before the 2nd goal which was in stoppage time?

Surprisingly Mary I better once Shane Oā€™Brien went off and they stopped lumping ball in on top of him.

I see the much maligned Fintan Oā€™Connor had a big win tonight.

Ya, didnā€™t lead - got back to all-square at one point I think

Good game to be fair!

1 Like

Anyone have Mary I and UL Freshers teams, any year UL Wolves lose at this level is a surprise. They can still get back in if they beat Galway the next day out.

Thatā€™s Shane Bennett playing with WIT tonight, not Stephen. Shane will be 26 this year and is going to Oz soon. Think heā€™s in WIT as part of his apprenticeship.

Only saw Mary Iā€™s

1 David Geary - Mungret
2 Eoin Guilfoyle -
3 Adam Hogan - Feakle
4 Shane Aylward
5 Jimmy Quilty - Blackrock
6 Cathal Quinn
7 Sean Whelan
8 Daithi Lohan - Shannon (Frankā€™s son)
9 Vince Harrington - Na Piarsaigh
10 Wayne Kearns - Na Piarsaigh
11 Ciaran McCarthy (cork underage footballer)
12 Oisin Oā€™Farrell
13 Chris Ryan
14 Shane O Brien
15 Niall Brigdale - Clarecastle

Subs 17 Colm Flynn
20 Sean McGrath
23 Eoin Craddock
30 Adam Oā€™Grady
26 Ger Hahessy

Donā€™t know clubs for most

1 Like

Both the midfielders were very good when the game was in the melting pot. Fired over huge scores.