The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

How did Oisin go.

Did ok I thought

Scored one and had a shot very-well saved (that was rebounded for a goal). Won a foul too that lead to a scored free

He got pushed up to a 2-person full-forward line for last 15 mins so saw a little less ball then

He’s surprisingly good in the air for someone so ‘slight’. Very tricky hurler

Thanks; Cathal quinn (cashel) is the only Tipp name I recognise.

1 Like

Oisin O’Farrell - Ashkayton

Whelan - Cappamore
O’Farrell - St. Senan’s :rofl::rofl: @TreatyStones @Julio_Geordio
O’Brien - Kilmallock, presumably

1 Like

Tbf Vince couldn’t get on Na Piarsaigh’s second team last year when others his age (and younger) did. So getting picked would have been based upon past underage performances rather than current form. Obviously a very talented player, one of the problems of ‘superclubs’.

I’ve seen them twice now and overall O’Brien has been disappointing. Showed flashes early against NUIG, but once a half was moved back on him he was out of the game.

Similar tonight UL had number 8 back on him and he fairly cleaned him under the high ball. Granted the ball in wasn’t hectic, just lumped in, but I would have expected a player of his reputation to have made it stick a bit better.

There is a Rian O’Halloran too that didn’t get a game - I think he’s Mullinahone and I THINK played U20s for Tipp (could be wrong with that)

Ya he’s Mullinahone. He would have been on squads (possibly u20 football) but not u20 hurlers. He’d be touch and go to make their seniors.

Formerly of Moyle rovers.

Here are the scorers tonight.

Goalscorer for Mary I is incorrect

Oisin’s shot was saved. Adam O’Grady had two bites of the cherry then and scored his 2nd go

I think it’s

Shane O’ Brien 1-09 (1-08 placed)
Oisin O’ Farrell 0-01
Wayne Kearns 0-01
Vince Harrington 0-01
Jimmy Quilty 0-04 (0-03 placed)
Daithi Lohan 0-02
Adam O’ Grady 1-00

1 Like

Stop it now. You will know all about it shortly :kissing_heart:

Duignan has Offaly purring

1 Like

The Kilcormac lads are the real deal.

2 Likes

Consecutive B & A All-Irelands for Screeney et al

1 Like

Screeney is the truth

Duignan will have a statue yet

1 Like

I wonder will they amalgamate the Offaly and Westmeath schools next year? Just to be sure like.

1 Like

Duignan is a proper cunt.

Why are the Awfully Minors allowed to enter a schools comp?

Probably because Duignan will whinge endlessly until they can. And they’ll get Lowry to pay for it.