The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

Midleton were short a couple of big guns that day.

1 Like

Fair enough, should be a good game so. Thurles had a couple of lads down the middle were totally dominant so it might be harder to sustain that as they go up the ages.

1 Like

Midleton win 3-10 to 1-10

4 Likes

That’s a surprise in my book but Midleton must have been decent.

2 Likes

Great year for the underdog

Midleton would not have considered themselves underdogs. This is best group to come through school at that age group.

Ah yeah but the wider public just saw CBS and previous results…

No one gave CCS a chance really in Harty final either

2 Likes

It must be said that @fenwaypark is a subtle and astute observer of sport.

The vast majority of Tippos, not so much.

2 Likes

That Thurles team beat them by 7 last year, won every other game by 20+.

Be interesting to see how both develop as they go up the years. As said, a good u14 doesn’t always mean that they will dominate at 18 or even 24.

@fenwaypark - have the U-15 team mate? PM if possible.

No, don’t have the team.

1 Like

Uni Galway giving UL a trimming in this, 1-20 to 0-9 midway through the second half. Liam Collins doing most of the damage.

It’s an incredibly Galwaycentric team for UCG

Would they draw fuck all from outside Connacht?

That’s an unusually native team, they would usually have a wider draw of counties than that. UL won the league final of this by a street, this result is a big surprise

1 Like

Is it an anomaly or is student housing supply making it harder for students from outside the county to choose Galway for university?

I was talking to an eminent UCD gaa man recently and he was of the opinion that UCD were basically fucked from a GAA point of view for the foreseeable. Main reason was that entry points had gone too high. Added to that accommodation costs. He reckoned TU Dublin would benefit as a result.

It was on YT

You’d barely know he’s from Awwwfully

Hard to beat last years ul fresher side. One of the best in ages I’d say…

CON, English, Coughlan, AOC, Hurley, Mounsey, was Rodgers on it too?