The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

it might be worth dressing her as a leprechaun as I honestly cant stomach the thought of a Canadian winning anything

All good suggestions TASE. I guess the challenge for you as a parent is to pick the costume that maximises her chance of winning. Give her a say in the decision though - you’ll need her buy in if she’s going to win. She’ll need to wear that outfit with swagger and assurance. Good luck pal.

cheers mate - good to get some input

maybe rapunzil could be a decent option- i could tell her that rapunzle was a princess but the long hair may seperate her from all the other girls dressed as princesses

cat got your tongue mac?

[quote=“The All Seeing Eye, post: 665232”]

cheers mate - good to get some input

maybe rapunzil could be a decent option- i could tell her that rapunzle was a princess but the long hair may seperate her from all the other girls dressed as princesses[/quote]

Might be an idea to make a “donation” to the school building fund or something too. But check in advance to make sure it’s a proper competition. Last thing you want is to prepare professionally only for the teacher to declare everyone the winner.

yes, thats a good idea- cheers

Anyone else think Charleville and Kilmallock should join together to form one Harty Cup team?

How many pupils are in each school Bandage and would there be many repeat LC students?

[quote=“mickee321, post: 665237”]

How many pupils are in each school Bandage and would there be many repeat LC students?[/quote]

Not sure mickee but removal of EU milk quotas in 2015 will surely see more young people from these areas going into farming full time at the age of 7 or 8. The school population is likely to dwindle at a minimum or rapidly decline at worst.

No, amalgamations should be banned.

Interesting, more pupils going into farming at an early age could mean one of 2 things

1. They will be forced to work the land and drop out of school before junior cert, this will give a very strong dean ryan cup team however the success will not transfer to the harty side as these lads will be playing with cows udders instead of hurls by 16 yeras of age

2. in general , children who live on a farm would have a lower IQ than the general population, this is a good thing as they will probably do very badly in the LC which means they are guaranteed repeats, which means for a stronger harty team

[quote=“mickee321, post: 665240”]

1. in general , children who live on a farm would have a lower IQ than the general population, this is a good thing as they will probably do very badly in the LC which means they are guaranteed repeats, which means for a stronger harty team[/quote]

I disagree with this point. Students who grow up on farms and have a bad leaving cert are more likely to fuck straight off to some agricultural college that any brain dead fucker can get into. If you dripfeed them a certain amount of knowledge and let them think they can actually go on to have a proper career they would be more likely to repeat. They will inevitably end up going to agricultural college at the end of it all but the schools will have gotten the extra year out of them. This is all assuming that they weren’t kept back for a couple of years in primary school and are underage in their repeat year.

Interesting point Bandage. We played Harty a few years back and got to the final, Gavin O Mahony’s year. But we don’t have the firepower to compete every year. But we are usually deadly. Charleville probably in the same boat.

Most of the Kilmallock lads would be townies.

They did in their fuck. It was a quarter final that Flannan’s beat them in.

:lol:

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 665244”]

They did in their fuck. It was a quarter final that Flannan’s beat them in.[/quote]

I can’t remember at this stage.

What? Kilkenny is a town. Kilmallock, well Kilmallock, is a village.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 665247”]

What? Kilkenny is a town. Kilmallock, well Kilmallock, is a village.[/quote]

Careful now.

Of course they will end up in Ag College. Without the “green cert” you can’t claim any grants from Europe for doing nothing!

Who’s the thick now