The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

UUJ off to a blistering start. Niall Loughlin of of Derry and some McCann lad who seems to be related to Tiernan are doing untold.

UCD don’t have the same razzmatazz as back in the day when Fenton, McCaffrey and Mannion were togging out.

Some score by Sampson

1 Like

And Killeen misses!

Not forgetting the block, turned out to be a match winner.

He got some bollocking from the line 5 minutes earlier for dropping a ball short

Bad mistake by the UG sub number 28. Got the ball on the wing in a great position to get the last score for UG and somehow let himself get blocked down which led to the last UL score instead.

Galway got away with a Rodgers miss short. Then the keeper and the back fucked the clearance between them and they got away with another one. Before next ball the back got caught in possession again :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

UL Goliath needs Samson’s intervention

Tiernan Killeen wont sleep great after that.

A great day to be a South Circular Road resident and a UL alum.

Limerick Limerick Limerick

3 Likes

That number 28 for Galway made a Cunt of that at the death. Thank god it’s only Fitzgibbon

Harsh. Hanging it on a young lad just on the field. They had plenty of time before and had time after. UG couldn’t cope with the physicality of UL.

There’s a golden rule, especially in winter conditions that you play position with the ball going down the straight.

28 didn’t do that. Kileen also missed a sitter. Rodger’s was the winning of the game. Class act.

Adam English getting two yellows was very silly.

I thought UG horsed UL out of it completely in the first half, bar the likes of Coughlan & GOC.

The fix is in here

Seanie Lonergan sending off the UCD manager Dillon was bizarre. I think Ulster Uni have benefited from a few marginal calls. TĂĄ solas an lae idir an dhĂĄ Fhoireann anois. UU full value for the win but had UCD got a goal at any stage it would have been cagey enough. The 2 Canavans are a joy to watch.

3 Likes

He’s was very impressive.

1 Like

Will Larry ever get a name right?

Agree with this, some very soft frees given to Ulster. Nonetheless, they were much more clinical in front of goals and worthy winners. UCD made a lot of poor decisions throughout the game, which didn’t help their cause.

1 Like

Hon the poly.

Our first sigerson since my final year*.

*of which i played no part in.

1 Like