The School, College & University Competitions Thread (another thread gone west)

They need Johnny Doyle. Ryan is a fucking bluffer

I see the Fitz final is going to be in Abbeydorney. There’ll be a great crowd at that. The North Kerry hurling crew will be out in force.

1 Like

The boys went on holiday rather than play the Sigerson :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

University of Ulster manager Barry Dillon has confirmed that Derry and Glen teammates Conor Glass and Ethan Doherty will not be involved in Wednesday’s Sigerson Cup final.

Neither have made an appearance in the competition this year due to club and county commitments but would have been eligible to play in the final.

“They were very keen to get involved, they were happy to play, it’s just the timing of it.”

He also confirmed in an interview that Glass and his Glen teammates are currently enjoying a well-deserved holiday

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2024/0209/1431485-kildare-failing-to-harness-enormous-potential/?fbclid=IwAR3_0guhx3uZKg8gph9ReiBMhBMlvzHPX-xWMTMhdxsTlQmpB_ur0NHWNF4

1 Like

I’d only be half following but I would’ve had UCD at least 3 or 4 pts favs based on recent results against the poly?

Mary I 1-09 to 0-02 up HT. Playing with breeze.

Trench final has been moved venues 3 times in the last 2 hours…

Trenchal rain?

5 Likes

Not back their, cute kerry hoors minding the pitches be my guess

Diarmuid Ryan has been exceptional for Mary I in this. They move the ball very well but probably short a couple to topple UL if that’s who they meet in the final.

WIT have lost their discipline and seem aggravated which is hardly surprising.

Is Charlie Mitchell injured? Dont think he played for UG in the last round and haven’t seen him mentioned yet here.

Looks like Greg Thomas is starting instead of him.

Full 15 from galway for ucg and 2 on the UL team. We need to get the player development sorted

UG definitely sharper than UL so far.

Hard to tell if there’s a wind but UG managing the conditions slightly better, UL making life difficult for themselves with sloppy mistakes & some crazy shots.

1 Like

Looks like any wind is with UG but they’ve been fully entitled to their two point lead, UL trying to play Astro turf hurling with lateral passes across their half back line which is limiting their inside forwards and UG are getting in pressure, tackles and turnovers.

2 Likes

One slip, one goal by Rodgers. Clinical.

1 Like

A classic galway goal to concede

1 Like

Let’s go Wolves

2 Likes

Wind seems to have picked up and having a big affect now.

English sent off for a second yellow.

UL had been on top the last 10 minutes or so.