The Seething thread

I know you might think this but I have examined the situation meticulously.

Carbery’s capitulation didint really make any material difference to Ireland’s final standing. I believe that what actually went wrong for Ireland was their absolutely stupid and completely insane plan of kicking the ball to Beaudean Barrett. This repeatedly created a situation where Ireland no longer had possession of the ball and instead possession was with the greatest rugby player on the planet and he was running at Ireland with the ball very fast. This then gave NZ the chance to score.

The plan of kicking to Beaudean Barrett was about as sensible as a sunroof on a submarine, about as smart as a chocolate teapot. It was just so fucking stupid it’s unbelievable. I can’t believe I bought those tactics. However hindsight is a fine thing.

I’ve rewatched the video very carefully and I think next time Ireland should try to create situations where they have the ball and are going towards the NZ tryline, instead of trying to create situations where the best player in the world has the ball and he is attacking the Irish tryline. Maybe the new management will experiment with these new tactics.

2 Likes

Ireland rarely kicked to BB like I suggested. In fact they didn’t do it once from what I recall.

Ireland would have beaten SA if they had played them … their problem was they expected Japan to kick the ball to them and when they didnt Ireland hadnt a scooby do what to do… kicking the ball out of play instead of going for a draw was one of the most cowardly acts ever seen in sport…

They may as well have went home after that game - they were mentally done.

Did ireland have the ball in that game . ? @BarneyCurley you have been hyping ireland up all year . Take your fucking medicine now admit you were wrong and fuck off for another week like a good man .

1 Like

I’ve been thinking very hard and Ireland went wrong by not kicking to Beaudean Barrett enough. If BB had the ball then Ireland could have tackled him but they couldn’t tackle him enough because he didn’t have the ball. Thus the best player in the world went untackled and this gave NZ a big advantage.

Ireland obviously had to tackle the best player in the world to beat NZ but they couldn’t do that because they didn’t kick to him enough. That was so stupid that I don’t know who came up with it, about as smart as a solar powered torch.

The next time Ireland play the ABs the should consider tackling the best player on the planet. If they gave him the ball they could tackle him as much as they want.

Some pile of shite that, did you watch the game? :smile:

Carbery was just accepting that Ireland were fucking shite. They had hardly put a decent attacking move together against Japan all that half.

Maybe they should have put a big maul together and mauled Japan the entire length of the pitch. That might have been their best chance.

I’ve watched the video back several times.

Why do you think Ireland lost, kicking to BB too much or not enough?

Ireland were in the weakest group and they only had Russia and Samoa in their last two games.

Barrett isn’t the best player in the world

As I said the world isn’t very fair. The six nations is far fairer on all teams.

Ireland have this uncanny ability to make average players and teams look like the World’s best. We were hearing that Japan were incredible but were swatted aside at ease when coming up against a decent team.

You are factually incorrect about that. Ireland have a distinct advantage over France and England for the 6 Nations. On a level playing field like the World Cup Ireland struggle as we saw when Japan made a show of them.

Tipp lads pointing at their heads

The 6 Nations depends massively on the draw because home advantage is so huge. If Ireland draw England and France in Dublin and Wales draw them both away then Ireland has a massive advantage over Wales.

Ireland’s 2 Grand Slams were won by what line of fixtures???

French and English players are contracted to their clubs so the national teams don’t get the same access to their players as Ireland do. Irish players are contracted to the IRFU not their clubs. Ireland are really falling short in the 5 Nations, they should really be winning it every year.

2 Likes

Yes exactly. In 2009 we were lucky because we had England and France at home. They were the two best teams and then we got lucky against the Wales in Cardiff.

In 2018 we were very lucky and got Wales in Dublin. We wouldn’t have beaten that Welsh team in Cardiff.

1 Like

Beauden Barret had 21 carries against Ireland. It is an All Blacks record in a World Cup match. Breaking a long standing record of 20 by someone against Italy in 1987.

1 Like

Being away to France and England actually benefits Ireland. Due to the internationals being at home the clubs further delay releasing their players, giving Ireland an unfair advantage.

1 Like