The Seething thread

Home for the couple of weeks and as per any time I come home, iā€™ve been ferrying nieces and nephews around the place as necessary. I was on the way back to Callan earlier after dropping the eldest off to her doings for the day when I hear on 2fm a slow ballad like cover of Nirvanaā€™s ā€˜Heart Shaped Boxā€™ sung by some breathless cunt male vocalist to the backing of some drippy piano playing.
I nearly went off the fuckin road I was so enraged. Only for it was the motherā€™s car Iā€™d have ripped the radio out of it.
Whatever cunt thought that was a good idea should be tied to the back of a bullock and scuttered to death.

7 Likes

Used in Westworld

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LahfTsySCZc

I was thinking about starting into that.
It can fuck off with itself now.

Hereā€™s something to wash your ears out mate. Itā€™s another cover, by a band called Nirvana.
https://youtu.be/KDjiMKkFKvc

Did they release that demo of their own song after In Utero was released?

On that box-set that came out a few years ago. They fairly trawled the archives for it, a good few boom-box recordings of Cobain wailing away lyricless tunes over an acoustic guitar, but thereā€™s a few gems like the above one thrown in. They made milluns off it.

Didnā€™t get it but I do remember hearing on a radio show a few years back that the cut of In Utero that was released wasnā€™t the version that the band wanted released, indeed what they wanted to put out was vastly different. Probably all or some of it included on that box-set you mention.

The lads or that other harridan?

A good solid level of seething from @Piles_Hussain here. Oh! his rag/ bp is well up.
Enjoy the rest of the holidays pal.

1 Like

This was a great tune from In Utero. Not sure they would get away with it now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gdSWaIvyQ3o

Isnā€™t anything on the box set from the In Utero recording sessions but there are some rough and ready mixes from other sessions that took place beforehand of some of the same songs, or songs that never made it on the album.

Remember reading before one of the tricks they did when recording that album was tape a load of microphones to the walls in the room; because of this they got a very ā€œlive, in the roomā€ sound on the album. I think thatā€™s a big part of why it still sounds fresh today, whereas Nevermind is more of its era.

Ffs lads. Youā€™d think you were discussing J.S. Bach, instead of some garage band with a few catchy tunes and a 3 chord trick.

2 Likes

Foo Fighters are twice the band Nirvana were or ever could have been

1 Like

I know. And theyā€™re shite as well

1 Like

Nirvana.

Lolzers

Be class if Paddy Jackson played in Ireland again and the PA system at the Sportsground or Thomond Park or wherever played ā€œRape Meā€ followed by ā€œAll Apologiesā€.

The rugby set arenā€™t big on such biting wit, though.

Self praise is no praise

You obviously werenā€™t a teenager in the early 90s and therefore wouldnā€™t get it fella.

1 Like

Kinvara ā€œwouldnā€™t get it fellaā€ā€¦:joy:

4 Likes

I was a fan of Bachā€™s earlier stuff. He sold out in the 1730s.

2 Likes