The Shame I feel about Dublin as my šŸ capital (and other random cities in videos that Muldoons think is Dublin)

The general area can be ā€œedgyā€ alright, as Iā€™m sure everybody here knows.

What will the reaction of the Justice minister be? A piecemeal few extra hours overtime for the cops on the streets of Dublin for a couple of weeks or develop an actual long term strategy to make the inner city a safer and more desirable place to be.

Anyway please God there are no fatalities.
A child going to school is just about as innocent as you can get.

6 Likes

Itā€™s right beside Mater so hopefully that has made a difference.

God love them and their parents.

Sadly, the way its gone nowadays, it really depends on the child.

Thereā€™s a thread for that.

ā€œThree people hospitalised - a girl, a woman and the assailantā€.

Incident took place outside Gaeilscoil Colaiste Mhuire.

Ireland is number 3 in safest countries in the world.

Thereā€™s nothing a cop can do to prevent a person having a psychotic episode who wants to harm a child.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a Gaelscoil mentioned in reports. Big Gaeilge is under attack

2 Likes

I dont really mind Parnell Street itself as at least thereā€™s a few Hotels along it and a few salt of the earths Dublin Bus drivers knocking around.

Frederick Street further up towards Dorsett Street though has a load of layabouts up to no good.

1 Like

5 people now.

1 girl and 1 woman with serious injuries.

A man and two children with less serious injuries.

Tim has had enough

Reports passers by intervened to stop the attack.

There was a lady pensioner stabbed off Grafton Street in a robbery gone wrong a few days ago so itā€™s not really a case of good/bad areas anymore unfortunately. One outlet ran the story.

Thank fuck for that, be a bit much to expect a Garda presence anywhere

Fair play to them, youā€™d hope any one of us would do the same. Iā€™d like to think I would.

1 Like

Hopefully the victims pull through, what an awful ordeal for them & their families. Latest reports indicating that people intervened to tackle the attacker, fair play to them.

Jaysus

• 15:06

RTƉ News reporter Conor Hunt said that a number of women attending the Stardust inquest witnessed the stabbing incident at Parnell Square.

He said there is a black gate leading into the Pillar Room where people come in and go at the Gate Theatre where the inquest is being held, and a lot of Stardust families had been gathering there at lunchtime.

Speaking on Liveline, he said: "Just before 2pm we were in the court at the inquest when someone came in to say there had been a stabbing incident out on the road pretty much opposite the entrance of the gates leading into the Pillar room.

ā€œOne woman, whose brother died in the Stardust fire, said that she witnessed the event, and saw a stabbing actionā€.

He added that she said a number of people went over to intervene.

He staff at the Rotunda Hospital came out to help.

The inquest was adjourned for the afternoon.

Given the area itā€™s quite likely the attack was stopped by a non national. Which will drive the lads already windmilling on here demented.

1 Like