The Slot Machine 🎰 - Liverpool 2024-2025

Is this not an unbelievable piece of business by Liverpool. In the age of mental transfers. If this guy can stay fit (big if), it’s a great signing. A top player on his day with more of an end product than any of their current wingers.

He was into the last year of his contract at Juventus.

But there is fuck all risk to this. And he is a top player on his day. As my mate says when he gets a bargain - ‘You’re making money’.

I do think centre mid is a gaping hole however.

He played more than 30 games last season. It’s a free hit really.

1 Like

I didn’t realise he played that many. I thought he had an ACL but was that the year before?

Two and a half years since the ACL. Relatively low risk signing from the laptop nerds. Shaqiri-esque signing but a higher standard of player.

2 Likes

But he wasn’t hectic last year relative to what he was. Shit Juventus team but at his best he was nearly doing it on his own. Probably the best Italian forward in 20 years and in the top 5 or 6 in Europe around 2021. Hope I’m wrong because he seems a smashing fella who would run through a brick wall but the fee implies he has lost a step.

Incidentally Juvenile look to be back and have a top modern coach in Motta. He should’ve been moving heaven and earth to keep him as he should be the best player in Italy

It takes 18 months to be back to your best after an ACL

True but I’d look at all the real top lads, Messi, Suarez, Salah, Ronaldo and they all avoided serious injury. I don’t know do fellas ever fully recover to what they were and Chiesa was so explosive. I watched him once for Juve last year and he struggled with a lad down the right he would’ve been blowing past. I don’t think Diaz is quite as good since the injury. He looked the best winger in England when he first came, still brilliant but he cuts in/checks back a way more now to me.

1 Like

I’m comparing all of them to Mane and Salah as well

I always think of (different player positionally) Michael Owen. Think it was the hamstring tendons (which would have been an easier fix nowadays). Never fully got back that explosive pace he had at start of career and as a result was never quite as good.

1 Like

That lunatic German fitness coach is gone to Salzburg though so maybe Chiesa has a chance.

5 Likes

Chiesa strikes me as a fella who will just get Liverpool.

5 Likes

Apparently under Allegri Juve generally played a back 3 so he hasn’t played in his proper position recently

I think we need a Di Canio chant tribute.

When the balls in the goal and it’s not Diogo it’s Chiesa,
When it sails through the air and it’s not Virgil there it’s Chiesa,
When it rolls in low and it’s not Super Mo it’s Chiesa,
When he goes all the way and it’s not TAA it’s Chiesa,

3 Likes

This means mortadella

Chiesa song good to go

https://x.com/Sportsweek/status/1829242532997251551?t=4dCytPJ7gfnTAh2rjLNbLA&s=19

Dreams can come through

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1829183477742514305

2 Likes

Come through what?

Through hard work and dedication

Life