The Slot Machine 🎰 - Liverpool 2024-2025

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

They sent 1000s of Zubimendi jerseys to print

Smart move. They’ll be collectors editions now

Do Liverpool even need to sign many. Seems like a young team that needs maybe one or two good adds. But there’s no point just spunking money for no reason. The clubs that do that end up nowhere.

I have to say I’ve little to no enthusiasm for football coming back. It could do with another month off

2 Likes

We have summer football in ireland

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to it tbh. Euros seems a good while ago with the Olympics in between. And the euros wasn’t a great tournament.

I agree. But it would be normal to have a back up option in case a deal doesn’t land,

Being denied the proper use of Sabo lad without a defensive minded midfielder. He’s an attacking player

Liverpool are a similar trajectory to the Red Sox post WS win

Drained of money/talent?

They were willing to spend big on caicedo last summer :person_shrugging:t2:

Tough game Saturday for the Redmen. Traditionally we tend to be ripe for an upset against a newly promoted club. Points dropped at Forest, Fulham and Bournemouth in 2022/23 for instance. All of them 12.30 Saturday kick-offs too if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

There was a time back in the 90’s where the worst promoted side would always win 1-0 at Anfield.

Barnsley and Watford spring to mind, Swindon as well I think.

Swindon drew at Anfield around Christmas 1993. Earlier in the season, Liverpool had gone to the County Ground and won 5-0. Ronnie Whelan scored that day and I reckon it might be the last goal he scored for Liverpool.

Barnsley won 1-0 at Anfield in 97/98.

Liverpool barely beat them later in season at Barnsley (Riedle scored a few). Barnsley had I think three players sent off!!!

A fair grim time as a Liverpool fan.

I think Ipswich won at Anfield as well, the same season that Man Utd beat them 9-0 at Old Trafford. Maybe 1994/95?

That was the third match of the season and third win. Nigel Clough and Neil Ruddock had been signed and I thought we were going to win the league.

We finished 8th or something like that and Souness got the long awaited chop following exit in the FA Cup to a Brian Tinnion goal for Bristol City.

Stephen Ward scored the winner for wolves at anfield one night

Ipswich beat them through a Marcus Stewart goal at Anfield around 2000 (I think I read about that in last few weeks to remind me of it). Ipswich also won at Anfield in 94/95; you’re right there as well.

That was during the Hodgson reign :nauseated_face:

Porto was hopping for it.