The Smashing Tunes Thread (Part 1)

[media=youtube]jwhiXr7Xr_Y

[quote=“Thrawneen”]Good man TE. Except, they’re way better than either Arcade Fire OR Josh fucking Ritter.
Are you going to Vicar Street on Friday week?
Also, I presume you’re the same one from AFR? Well done on the marathon if so.[/quote]

ahoy thrawneen.
am indeed. thank you for the kind words, although a kick up the arse for doing a jean alesi and running out of fuel would be more in order.

hopeful of wangling a ticket or two at work.
if successful, i’ll be there.

spoilt for choice next week, can’t decide which 80s revivalists to head to, neon neon or mgmt.

[quote=“treaty_exile”]ahoy thrawneen.
am indeed. thank you for the kind words, although a kick up the arse for doing a jean alesi and running out of fuel would be more in order.

hopeful of wangling a ticket or two at work.
if successful, i’ll be there.

spoilt for choice next week, can’t decide which 80s revivalists to head to, neon neon or mgmt.[/quote]

I was the opposite, I ate too much. Felt like I’d just eaten a big curry and was running round with an awful pressure on my stomach for most of it. Happy with 3:28, mind. It’s enticed me to try and seriously train for sub 3 hours next year.

I’d go for Neon Neon. MGMT will probably be full of annoying kids. That said, I’m seeing them in Stockholm 3 weeks from Friday and am most looking forward to it.
Just make sure you get to Fleet Foxes!

[quote=“Thrawneen”]I was the opposite, I ate too much. Felt like I’d just eaten a big curry and was running round with an awful pressure on my stomach for most of it. Happy with 3:28, mind. It’s enticed me to try and seriously train for sub 3 hours next year.

I’d go for Neon Neon. MGMT will probably be full of annoying kids. That said, I’m seeing them in Stockholm 3 weeks from Friday and am most looking forward to it.
Just make sure you get to Fleet Foxes![/quote]

that’s an impressive run indeed.
if you had a training programme to work off, would you mind PMing it to me?

[quote=“treaty_exile”]that’s an impressive run indeed.
if you had a training programme to work off, would you mind PMing it to me?[/quote]

I’m hitting the hay now so I’ll PM you my secret formula tomorrow morning.

I need some assistance!

There is a song in prison break season 1 m trying to find out the name of. If anyone is familar with it, its the eposide where Micheal is being transferred to another prison, the song is played while he is walking out, ‘my brother standing by’ is a line from it.

Obviously he doesnt get transferred in the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbhEsiGurEQ

Cat Power - The Greatest

[media=youtube]MJfQXS1hKDo

[media=youtube]PGO42gvCSPI&feature=related

Time to drop a bit of tupac mad rhymes in the house

[media=youtube]HK3rj9Eodz0

[media=youtube]Wl54ABY8VgY

thats not it mick, thanks anyway though, I found it in the end…Orange Sky by Alex Murdoch

Crowded House - Four Seasons in One Day

[media=youtube]W9sem05RHnM

REM - World Leader Pretend

[media=youtube]ubZgYIMvyBE

The Smiths - Death of a Disco Dancer

[media=youtube]mTNxnQdw2j4

Rollerskate Skinny - Speed to my Side

[media=youtube]B7qR3hg0Zfw

Big Star- Thirteen

[media=youtube]BFo84hIVzuQ

And Elliott Smith’s excellent cover of it

[media=youtube]KBHGfJqcSGU&feature=related

Cracking post farmer.

An incredibly overlooked Irish musician - Perry Blake.

Hunchback of San Francisco

[media=youtube]7p3OQBUWFGY

Genevieve

[media=youtube]D6NrqDI-n7k

[media=youtube]goJ6vYJQU9w

Time to get a few more Irish tunes up

[media=youtube]xFmJwKVKXfw

[media=youtube]ucigkLLqnG4

[media=youtube]Iy595roSLv4