The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

It would be interesting to log what Selby does with his chances today.

1: Frame 19: makes a break of 12 with an excellent chance.

'2. Frame 19: second potential scoring visit but misses an opening red with only a moderate degree of difficulty, which he should really have got.

3: Miles away with an admittedly long pot, but one in which the red was close to the pocket and which you would expect him to have at least an 80% chance of getting.

Ding has come out with all guns blazing but has been lucky to get away with some of his misses.

It’s the only way against this boring bastard

.4. Frame 19 - Misses a routine enough cannon and fails to get on the second last red (which would have left Ding leaving snookers) and break ends on 36.

Selby is some man for getting out of snookers.

Unreal probably the greatest of all time

Another incredible escape from Selby but Ding counters with a stunning pot, will be some clearance if he can pull this off.

Ding gives Selby a taste of his own medicine,scrappy frame, 34 behind 35 left. Gets a snooker and wins it on the black. Selby’s lead is down to just 1 - 10-9.

What a clearance from Ding, top drawer. 10-9.

Yes! Have some of that Selby

The dings reaction when he potted that blAck :laughing:

Glorious chance for Selby here.

11-9, big frame here before the mid session interval. Selby would be delighted to split it if he takes it.

Ding rattles in a century, 11-10. Great session so far for Ding.

Tremendous edition of “Shot of the Championship” there.

I must find out what the backing tune was.

The only thing missing from it was the chance of winning two tickets for all sessions of the final by sending in your 1, 2 and 3 in order to the BBC on a postcard.

Wow. A feature with Doug Wood, composer of the famous BBC Snooker theme tune.

This almost inspires me to pick up my guitar again.

4: Frame 23: Selby only makes 16.

5: Selby makes only 29 with another frame-winning chance.

13-10, Selby well and truly back in the driving seat.