The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

I was a fan of three cushion billiards on Eurosport circa late 1990/early 1991. Played on a blue table. There was a sort of European tour with different events.

The best player was a Belgian chap whose name, I think, was Ludo something or other. He was very good at it.

1 Like

Mark Selby starts his defence against fergal o brien. Starts Saturday at 10am.

Ooooft!! Have you got the rest of the draw handy? I see Selby, Ronnie and Robertson are in the top half. John Higgins could have a good run in the bottom half.

Someone please throw up the draw i’m backing Mr Marco Fu and Mr Barry “The Hawk” Hawkins outright this year.Ronnie has let me down for the last time.

Insomniacs rejoice

2 Likes

What kind of dosh would O’Brien get for making the first round?

That draw looks dreadfully lop-sided with Selby, O’Sullivan, Robertson, Ding, Murphy and Fu all in the top half.

Bottom half looks much weaker by comparison and there will be a load of players fancying their chances of making a final.

Are the seedings based purely on world rankings or are there other factors involved?

£16k

Would the likes of O’Brien be making much money out of the Snooker? I presume they have to carry the costs of flying around the World themselves.

Is the lad that beat Jimmy in the easy side of the draw?

Jack Lisowski is not in the draw at all.

Wow, had a look there and it took a former World Champ to take down the lad that beat Jimmy. Like you say, Jimmy is not too far away.

I’m sure Fergal would have a sponsor looking after stuff like that for him. He’s made about 100k on the circuit this year and his profile will get a huge boost just by making the first round here and playing Selby.

Put up your highest breaks there folks.

4 half centuries, never made 60.

36, missed a black on it’s spot too as I got giddy. I’ve never recovered from that.

They have shorter cues now that they can get into the carry on baggage which cuts down on costs