The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

All the Chinese lads are in the top half.

Sixty seven

Did you pot the pink?

56ā€¦twas a long time ago,used to live in the snooker hall. Used to get the keys of the hall when it was ā€œclosedā€& practice. Won a couple of junior tournaments,then as I got older I got into the pool more.

1 Like

Iā€™d love a few frames right now.

2 Likes

Are there any snooker halls in Warsaw?

A couple. thereā€™s one in Krakow but itā€™s off the beaten track.

A TFK snooker tournament would really separate the men from the boys.

I think Iā€™ll buy a table on ebay tonight.

Have you the room?
It was always the dream.

I have yeah. It would be even better back in Balbec Towers but Iā€™m rarely there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Full-Size-Snooker-Table/21569/bn_55196292/i.html

40 was always a massive obstacle because thatā€™s when the break used show up above the actual score on BBC.

44 a good few years back inside the Vic I got all excited thinking about the half century and promptly made shit of getting there.

I was reigning champ in a local competition and got to the final where I was faced with a talented 11 year old. One of the members was a local hack and nothing would do him only take photos (cunt was nowhere to be seen when I won it the year before). My mug was splashed in the Connaught Tribune beside a victorious chisler barely up to my waist. I was fucking seething.

4 Likes

I actually played many games on the table used in the 1976 world final in which Ray Reardon beat Alex Higgins. It was in a back room at the fabled Jasonā€™s club in Ranelagh which produced Ken Doherty.

There was a real atmosphere in the room and many a game would last into the small hours. Great memories of the place.

It saddens me greatly that the club is gone.

5 Likes

Forum favourite John Higgins has a terrific chance to go deep in the tournament. We wish him well.

1 Like

Robertson and Carter for me against the field.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t resist a cut off the 16/1 about Higgins, heā€™s got a tough opener though against Martin Gould.

Ive also had a small e/w bet on Liang Wenbo at 80/1. If he was in the bottom half heā€™d be less than half that price.