The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Latest…Selby leads o brien 3-0
Maguire leads McGill 2-1

Maguire at 66/1 is a great each way bet in this tournament.

I’ve backed the forum’s favourite @ 16/1

Selby 6-0 O’Brien
McGill 2-5 Maguire

7-0 and Selby is in here too in frame 8, grim.

Fergal wins the final frame of the session to make it 8-1, don’t write him off yet folks.

That marathon Frame has taken it out of him

There’s nowhere like the crucible

Looking good to finally make it to the 2nd round again where he’ll most likely face Judd Trump. Bar a semi final appearance in 2007, he’s never really done himself justice at the Crucible.

Selby wins 10-2.

Tough luck for Vol. Fergal O’Brien to draw the world champion on the first day of the tournament after so little rest, but he, and we, will always have that memorable Wednesday night at Ponds Forge, and the longest frame in snooker history, to remember.

2 Likes

£16,000 for O’Brien

1 Like

The Qualifers were quite attritional this year. Only 5 of the 16 players ranked 17-32 made it through to the Crucible - Martin Gould (18), Stephen Maguire (24), Graeme Dott (29), Luca Bracel (30) and Tom Ford (32). Players ranked 33, 34, 35 & 36 all failed to qualify as well.

A 10-2 win for Maguire. I doubt that 66/1 is still available now. Luckily I got in quickly and threw an imaginary €10 each way on him at that price.

Jimmy White has been given an invitational tour card for next season. Things are falling into place nicely for the Whirlwind, looking ahead to his 2018 title challenge.

1 Like

Will Luca Bracel sleep with the fishes?

1 Like

vintage Ronny here, his cue ball control is magical

Ronnie is buzzing, he’s really up for this

Two upsets on the cards here as Luca Brecel leads Marco Fu 5-0 and Jimmy Robertson leads Mark Allen 3-2.

Great doc on BBC 2 now about Higgins, White and O’Sullivan.

1 Like

I really enjoyed it

1 Like