The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

@Matty_Hislop, @Sidney - has Neil Robertson had a poor season? Surprised to see a player of his quality only seeded 9. I believe its only happened on one occasion that the 9th seed won the World Championship - Neil Robertson in 2010.

Heā€™s had a very poor year by his standards, only one ranking victory in a minor event in Latvia. Heā€™s not done well at all in the big events most notably crashing out in the first round at the UK Open to also-ran Peter Lines.

Robertson 5-1 Saengkham
Carter 7-9 Dott

Graeme wins 10-7. What a magnificent warrior he is. With Judd Trump in real danger of going out, the bottom half of the draw could really open up for Graeme. I wouldnā€™t rule out another run to the final.

Xiao leads Day 9-3, one more frame required for a second round date with Mark Selby.

Barry Hawkins and Tom Ford have shared the opening 2 frames.

Xiao has beaten Day 10-4.

Very impressive from the Chinaman.

I think Trump and McLeod will be brought back out now to finish their tie.

They resume at 9.00

1 Like

Trump reduces the deficit to 9-8

McLeod just missed a great chance to clear up and win but missed an easy red. Trump then incredibly missed the same red into the same pocket.

McLeod is back in with a 50 point lead and the game at his mercy.

Trump was 1/25 to win this, it will be one of the biggest shocks in Crucible history if McLeod holds his nerve.

Trump is out.

McLeod wins 10-8

McLeod was 125/1 when 4-0 down

This is a tremendous result for us John Higgins backers. :clap:

Iā€™d imagine he was close to 1000 on the exchanges.

Great result.

1 Like

Higgins is a stain on snooker. He should be serving a life ban.

1 Like

Tom Ford is having a mental breakdown. Why the fuck did he play that plant?

1 Like

Ford has lost the plot here, some wild shots. Reminiscent of Quentin Hann when he lost it, the Crucible can do this to you.

Murphy leads Oā€™Sullivan 2-1. This should be a cracker.