The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Unreal safety play here.

Great pot to win it from Carrington.

A stunning long black from Carrington to finally win the frame. 6-6, this could be a really late finish.

Liang wins another tight frame to go 7-6 up. The Captain has won two in a row on the other table to bring it back to 4-2.

I donā€™t think I dislike anyone more in sport than Graeme Dott.

3 Likes

I have an irrational dislike of Scottish snooker players. Trying to think of one that I liked. Higgins until he was caught looking for bungs. Hendry, McManus, Dott and McGuire were/are all dull as dishwater.

I have nothing against Maguire. I think heā€™s a decent player when heā€™s on form.

Dott is a horrible grinder of a player. Made a career out of making a 40 odd break and then playing safe. And if the frame lasts for an hour so be it.

Iā€™m a big fan of Graemeā€™s, the horrible weasel faced arse.

Thereā€™s more than one way to skin a cat.

1 Like

Jimmy must have cursed the snooker Gods when Dott won the World Championship.

1 Like

Liang grinds out another frame to go 8-7 up. This is a classic Crucible war of attrition.

10-7 to Liang eventually

Trump and McLeod locked in a dour battle, 6-6 at the moment. Trump somewhat fortunate after McLeod missed a red to the middle in the last frame and opened up all the reds in the process to let Trump off the hook. Xiao Guodong is 3-0 up on number 16 seed Ryan Day on the other table.

McLeod leads 7-6 at the mid-session interval, a huge upset on the cards here. Trump is all over the place and needs to get his head sorted during the interval.

McLeod takes another scrappy frame, heā€™s 8-6 up. Trump appears to have a back injury, the number 2 seed is in dire trouble here. Xiao Guodong is 4-2 upon the other table.

I saw a bit of that earlier. Turgid stuff. Youā€™d imagine Maguire, fresh from his demolition of Anthony McGill, shouldnā€™t have any problem with either based on what weā€™ve seen.

Bottom half of the draw much easier than the top. I have a feeling that the cheat Higgins will come through.

Trump crawls over the line in the 15th frame to make it 8-7. We only have time for one more frame in this session and they will have to come back later on tonight.

Trump will be glad with the break, he is really toiling out there.

9-7 McLeod. Trump with it all to do this evening when they eventually come back on. Xiao leads Day 6-3 at the end of their first session.

Has it run over its allotted time for the second session?

Yep, there are two games starting soon and they had to yank these two off the table to make way.

Always a bad sign.