The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

i had one there in 2004 we were driving around celbridge and a black kid ran out in front of the car and we knocked him down*
he bounced up and ran off
i called the gaurds to tell them , gaurds arrived an hour later , asked us were we ok, then said the kids were like “monkeys falling out of trees” and bid us good day

this story reminds me of a wonderful anecdoete @Thelinkwalsh had about the bossman who was on about catching them in a net one day in inistogie,
its up here somewhere

*edit
that read like something eugene terreblanche would do when driving back to the Transvaal from ellis park after belting our Die Stem with racist cunts like Pienaar, joubert and van der westhuizen
we didnt deliberatly knock down the kid

1 Like

Higgins 4-2 Hawkins

Hon John

Our Bhoy has ensured he will have an overnight lead. He now leads 5-2.

Hon John

Looking good for 6-2

Hawkins takes the last of the day.

Our Bhoy leads 5-3 overnight

Hon John

Selby has taken the first 3 frames this morning. He leads 6-5.

Hon Ding

Selby is a proper snooker player

Mid Session Interval

Selby 7-5 Ding

Hon Ding

A real ding dong battle

1 Like

Chuck Berry wrote “My Ding-a-ling”. If Ding could win this title in tribute to Chuck just weeks after the great rock ‘n’ roller’s death it would put Sergio Garcia winning the US Masters on Seve’s 60th birthday in the shade in terms of poignant sporting victories.

1 Like

End of session

Selby 9-7 Ding

Hon Ding

John Higgins is rightly livid after losing frame 9.

Barry Hawkins had two misses and a warning called on him after failing to hit a red with a safety shot. The referee then replaced the cue ball in the wrong place, meaning Hawkins had a potting angle on another red which hadn’t been there previously. He took it on and potted it, scoring what must have been 40 odd points and changing the dynamic of the frame completely, as John had been on top up to that point.

Etiquette and integrity are paramount in snooker. John is widely recognised as the most honest player in snooker and therefore it’s particularly disappointing to see him being the victim of cheating here.

1 Like

Higgins can’t really complain about cheating. Standard is piss poor compared to the one visit stuff of the Hendry era.

Honesty on top.

Higgins 9 Hawkins 6.

One more frame left this afternoon.

Hon John

Higgins 65 ahead with 67 on the table in frame 16.

Protracted 50 minute battle here as Hawkins looks for a snooker.

Eggheads will follow shortly on BBC2 if you’re waiting for it.

50 minutes it is.

Higgins 10 Hawkins 6.

Match resumes 10am tomorrow.

Super stuff.

Hon John

Fantastic century break by Selby there with the balls in very awkward positions.

Ding must be sick though - he forced two safety mistakes after prolonged exchanges earlier in the frame and Selby luckily left nothing on each time.

10-7.