The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Looks like it could well be Farmer. Trump produced a superb clearance there to make it 4-3 to the Rocket.

Another wonderful clearance, 72 this time, means Trump wins 3 in a row to level it at 4-4 at the end of the session.

Trump 4-4 O’Sullivan

Trump comes back from 4-1 down.

Only saw last half of last frame but BBC lads saying it was a fantastic session.

Just looking at Ricky Walden and Barry Hawkins.

I haven’t really seen Walden play much. Fuck me he is one awkward looking fucker.

He addresses the table very awkwardly alright, it’s the way he bends his knees and hunches over the table. He’s been threatening to win one of the major British tournaments for a while but has never delivered. That was a lovely 119 he rattled in in the last frame though and Hawkins wouldn’t want to let him get too far ahead.

6-2 Walden after the first session.

Only saw the last few frames but lads on Eurosport said that the standard wasn’t great.

There were a couple of centuries though.

Some really sloppy frames in the middle of the session with one re-rack, but Walden by far the better player and good value for his 4 frame lead. Hawkins will be glad to see the back of that session and looked like he had a bit of stage fright playing with only the single table at the Crucible.

He looked fairly pissed off with things in the last frame alright. Probably happy to be finished for the evening.

Trump took the first frame of this mornings session, the first time in the entire tournament O’Sullivan has been behind. But the Rocket has reeled off the last two and now leads 6-5.

Nip and tuck its been, but the Rocket has taken the last two frames and is 8-6 ahead. Trump needs to win at least one of the two remaining frames in the session.

13-9 to O’Sullivan in the second last frame of this evening’s session. While I want Ronnie to win I hope Trump takes these two frames to make it interesting for tomorrow.

This is the de facto final as far as I’m concerned as the winner should blitz whoever comes through the other semi.

Ronnie has started to miss a few easy enough pots, he fouled a few shots ago when his waistcoat touched a ball and now Michaela Tabb has accused him of making an obscene gesture. This is a big, big frame.

Lot of farting going on tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyIiHEKhaGw

It’s a huge pity this isn’t the final. I’ve warmed to Trump’s all-out attacking style. He’s a bit of a throwback and if there’s a natural heir to the Higgins-White-O’Sullivan lineage in the game today, it’s certainly him.

Big frame for Trump and I fancy him to take the next one too.

Ronnie looks rattled here, he’ll be glad to see the back of this session.

Feck, I just popped down to the off-licence and when I got back the snooker had finished, presume the last frame was a quickie?

Trump made a very poor shot on a red which was too ambitious and let Ronnie in to clear up. He will be rueful tonight as O’Sullivan was rattled for the first time in this tournament and he now only needs three frames to get to the final which should be a formality.

Even at 14-10 I don’t think it’s a formality although O’Sullivan is obviously strong favourite.