The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

You just sense that Selby has been more in control of this for the last 15-20 shots or so than John. But it’s not over yet.

They’re both on 69.

Cross double by Selby to sink the blue.

Selby :clap:

You just don’t see enough doubles in Snooker these days. :clap::clap:

John left that behind, left it there like an unwanted fart. :frowning:

And wins it.

Great stuff. Gutted for John.

That double on the blue was sublime, then Selby cuts the pink into the middle bag, outrageous stuff from the Jester:clap:

Fair play to Selby. Hard luck John.

I look forward to John’s form continuing on an upward curve ahead of the Benson and Hedges Irish Masters at Goffs, and of course the big one, the Embassy World Championship at the Crucible.

Fuck that anyway.

A great match to end this years Masters nonetheless

That shot on the blue by Selby was easily the best double seen at the Alexandra Palace over the past month.

Mark Selby:clap:

Ronnie made fairly short shrift of Ricky Walden. 6-0. Ricky posted 39 in the first frame, didn’t pot a ball in last 5 frames.

[quote=“carryharry, post: 888616, member: 1517”]Selby :clap:

You just don’t see enough doubles in Snooker these days. :clap::clap:

:([/quote]

In my day we used to call them “cross pocket” shots

Maguire 3-0 up on Robertson

Something else from O’Sullivan earlier on. It’s sickening how easy he makes the game look when he’s in that form. Walden never stood a chance. The man is an absolute genius. I doubt we’ll ever see anyone as good as him again.

Stephen Maguire completes a surprisingly easy 6-2 victory over world #1 Neil Robertson. He has the dubious honour of facing Ronnie O’Sullivan in the semi-final. Mark Selby and Shaun Murphy meet the other semi.

Ronnie and that poxy cunt Selby to meet in the final.

Cross cushion in my day.

Haroldser

This.

Selby slaughtered Murphy 6-1 earlier. O’Sullivan V Maguire has just started.

Maguire comes out with all guns blazing and knocks in a 98 on his first visit to take the opener. He’s continued his aggression into the second frame, this is exactly what he needs to do. This could be a cracking game if he keeps this up.