The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Easy 6-2 win for Ronnie. Should be a good final.

O’Sullivan was far from his best, but was still far too good. I think Selby will be encouraged by what he saw tonight. If there is one man who is tenacious enough to get under The Rocket’s skin and exploit any mistakes it is The Jester.

Have to say that the 5 frames the Rocket reeled off against Walden was the best snooker I’ve ever seen. Every pot went down the centre of the pocket. There wasn’t a single flukey shot.

Have half an eye on the snooker here while watching the Inter game and listening to Galway bay fm while simultaneously checking updates on the Equine thread from the action today at Fairyhous and Ballinaboola. Anyway the point is that Ronnie O sullivan is an absolute joy to watch when he’s in full flow.

This will be over early

Selby has to pull this one out of the bag

Ronnie just too good:clap:

He’s fucking amazing. :clap:

Ronnie wins frame 7 on a respotted black to lead 6-1

Ronnie wins frame 7 on a re-spotted black to take a 6-1 lead. Selby make a right bollocks of that frame and it’s surely a matter of how much he loses by now.

Business as usual for O’Sullivan as he rattles in a 90 to take the opening frame of the session to go 8-1 up. This is a man at the very top of his game.

He’s human after all. Ronnie misses an easy brown to go 9-1 up. Selby then incredibly misses the final black only for Ronnie to fail to cut it in an leave it in the jaws of the pocket. 8-2 now and a glimmer of hope for the Jester.

Selby with a 67 break makes it 8-3.

O’Sullivan takes a scrappy set to head into the mi-session interval 9-3 up and needing one more frame for victory.

The final of the snooker shoot out is coming up on sky sports 2.

The two gladiators who have battled their way through this 10 minute single frame minefield are Dominic Dale and Stuart Bingham.

Great final frame. Dale knocked in a 67 but missed game ball to leave Bingham a superb chance to clear up and snatch victory. But the Basildon cueman missed a simple red into the middle pocket to gift victory to Dale. The Spaceman then celebrated victory,and the £32k winners cheque, by grabbing the mike off Andy Goldstein and treating us to a version of “My way”, Frank Sinatra will be rolling in his grave.

Who bothers looking at this shite anymore

Ronnie O’Sullivan rattles in a 147 in the last frame to beat Ding Junhui 9-3 in the final of the Welsh Open.

No superlatives do this man justice.

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 911080, member: 1074”]Ronnie O’Sullivan rattles in a 147 in the last frame to beat Ding Junhui 9-3 in the final of the Welsh Open.

No superlatives do this man justice.[/quote]
Playing left handed shots and all,what a legend!

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 911080, member: 1074”]Ronnie O’Sullivan rattles in a 147 in the last frame to beat Ding Junhui 9-3 in the final of the Welsh Open.

No superlatives do this man justice.[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44J0ro3ES1I

Stunning. Simply stunning:clap::clap:
Watching Ronnie in full flow is one of the great sights in sport