The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Yes, they’ve been used all week as far as I know what with Barry Hearn in charge of the snooker now too. He’ll just need to find a theme song for the crowd to hum along to now.

They walk down a stairs that separates the crowd with a spotlight on them, before the walk down the camera is directly in front of their faces for a close up shot.

One thing Hearn needs to do is bring back this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GkgoeKHsXI&feature=related

and not have that dreadful watered down remix version of it.

9-8 now, Selby gets one back, great final this.

Nerves of steel from Selby, a final frame decider now…unreal.

We had last week’s thriller at the Lakeside and now we have this. 2010 is going superbly well so far.

Selby is some man on the long pots after the break off.

:clap:
I’ve seen some great comebacks in Masters finals over the years and this is up there with the best of them.

O’Sullivan has been beaten in a lot of very close finals in the Masters over the years. I like the way Selby is developing into a bit of an anti-hero.

Fair play to him.

Jimmy White finally prevails 10-8 over Mark Boyle in the World Championship qualifiers. The Whirlwind back in action in the morning against Ken Doherty. Winner of that faces Joe Swail for a place in the first round at the Crubible.

My three favourite players drawn against each other. Well I suppose at least one of them will be at the Crucible.

Big ask for Jimmy. He’s just finished up in the last few minutes after a grinding 18 frames today. Scheduled to be back on the table at 10am in the morning to play to a finish tomorrow night.

I predict Swail to come through out of that trio.

I like snooker. I’m snooker loopy. Dibby di da di ba deep dee dee.

Doherty 2 White 1 latest, first to 10 wins.

Some really good players trying to qualify.

Great to see our Mosconi Cup hero Tony Drago back on the big baize too?

Does anyone remember the promotional bottles of HP Brown Sauce?

6-3 to the Ranelagh man (that’s pronounced Renna-la).

I remember the Frank Bruno one all right, didn’t know Jimmy made it onto a HP bottle.