The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Perry 11-9 O’Sullivan at the mid session interval.

Ronnie really should have won the 20th frame. Missed a simple red with the frame at his mercy.

McManus 6-3 up on Ken

Ronnie has it all to do now. Should have won Frame 18 as well to level it up. Perry was a bag of nerves at that stage and if Ronnie had got it to 9-9, could well have run out an easy enough 13-10 or even 13-9 winner. As it is, Perry has steadied the ship and unless Ronnie suddenly clicks into top gear, Perry looks the winner.

Haven’t been watching too much of Ken but from what I have seen of it, he looks badly out of sorts.

[QUOTE=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 937245, member: 377”]

Haven’t been watching too much of Ken but from what I have seen of it, he looks badly out of sorts.[/QUOTE]

Ken’s highest break is 26. 7-3 down now

McManus leads 7-3 after a convoluted frame that neither looked like they wanted to win.

Ken struggling at the moment

O’Sullivan looks like he’s going to close the gap to 11-10 here…

McManus currently on a break of 64 in Frame 11. Looking like 8-3 now.

11-11 between Ronnie and Joe

12-11 Ronnie. Click click.

Good point by the commentator on Eurosport (is it Mike Hallett?) that the morning session of the middle Saturday often seems to produce great finishes. I too remember that 1988 match where Jimmy White beat Stephen Hendry 13-12 as it was the first world championship I watched. Darren Morgan also put Ronnie out 13-12 in 1997 and Joe Swail dethroned reigning champion Mark Williams 13-12 in 2001 in Saturday morning sessions also.

Click click. Ronnie kills it off ruthlessly with another century. Steve Peters’ influence on him is clear - at 11-9 down and under serious pressure he kicked into cruise control.

Ronnie you legend,get in there!!

McManus 10-3 up now.
Christ but he’s a dour looking cunt, and his troosers look like fuckin pyjamas.
Mind you, Kens baby blue shirt isn’t much better.

Hopefully its a Ronnie v Robertson or Selby final. Its been a long time since the two top players in the world have made a final, probably Hendry v Jimmy in 1993 & 94 and even in both those years Jimmy was seeded 3. Steve Davis v Joe Johnson in 1987 last 1 v 2 seeded final.

Higgins-O’Sullivan 2001? Possibly not 1 and 2 in the world at the time but in reality they’ve clearly been the top two players in the world for last 15/16 years.

Ken takes the last two of the session to leave it 10-5

Ken showed much better form in those last two frames with 93 and 88 breaks after what by all accounts was a disastrous session for him up to that. He took 11 reds and 11 blacks in that last frame but missed a very difficult plant for the 12th red.

10-5 leaves him with an outside chance and no better man to launch a comeback at the Crucible.

When they met in 2001 final, Higgins was seeded 2, O’Sullivan 4. Mark Williams was seeded 1 as defending champion and despite a 2nd round exit to Joe Swail, finished the season ranked Number 1.

Bar 2001, Ronnie has had easy enough match up’s in his other 4 finals. Graeme Dott was 13th seed in 2004, Ali Carter 14th seeds in 2008, 13th seed in 2012 and Barry Hawkins 15th seed in 2013.

Ken has pulled it back to 10-7. Is the comeback on?

11-8 at interval. Ken nicked a frame he should have won easily. Brutal standard.

About to go 12-8 for McManus. A scrappy frame that Ken was always behind in. Last chance saloon now but I wouldn’t totally write him off. Joe Swail has come back from this position before and Ken will also no doubt draw on the memory of his 2003 semi-final comeback win against Paul Hunter.

McManus the poxy git

Poxy cunt.

He’ll hammered in the next round for that.