The Snooker Thread (Part 1)

Should be a Leeds fan then.

That’ll do it, Selby wins a terrific match.

Great win for the Jester. Even though I’m a huge fan of Ronnie O’Sullivan, I’d like to see Selby win it. On paper a smashing final and let’s hope it works out that way.

Dorigo was at Chelsea from 1987 to 1991. Robertson was born in 1982. Its probably somewhere between the ages of 5-9 that football allegiances are typically formed.

Lets hope Selby brings his A game today. If he does we are in for a great game.

Ronnie was quickest out of the traps and raced into a 3-0 lead. You feared the worst for Selby then but he showed great character to win the next two frames. O’Sullivan has taken the 6th frame and leads 4-2.

Selby takes a scrappy 7th frame. Despite his highest break being only 37 the Leicester potter is very much in this game.

Selby produced an outrageous fluke on the final red and looked to have clinched the final frame of the session. But he then missed the black off it’s spot with his next shot and Ronnie came in and cleared up to take a 5-3 lead.

Selby will be fuming, that was a massive error. Fascinating opening session and hopefully Selby can hang on to Ronnie’s coattails.

Selby floundering, now 7-3 down.

Needs to make this break count after the fluke

Ronnie 10-5 ahead and really starting to motor. Two more frames left tonight.

Really enjoying this.

Hope Selby takes this to set it up for tomorrow.

Huge frame here to end the night. Selby must win it if he is to have any hope you feel. 10-7 would be a good result for him after he’s been on the back foot for so long.

Can you ask him to leave please. That’s totally unnecessary. What a cunt this referee is.

Massive two frames for Selby to win at the end of the session. 10-7 overnight. Hopefully Selby takes a few early frames and we get a classic tomorrow.

Tremendous bottle shown by Selby to take the final frame of the day. He’s still in this at 10-7 and Ronnie is not playing at his best, if he was he would be out of sight by now. If Selby can somehow recapture his best form tomorrow he could rattle Ronnie. But you’d still have to strongly fancy O’Sullivan.

some fine football jersies on display @Sidney amoungst the knowledge crowd at the Crucible theater.
The gentleman beside Ronnie’s corner was donning a wonderful Coventry City shirt no doubt in honour of the approaching 27th anniversary of Kevin Houchen’s diving header that won them the FA cup against Spurs.
The Large gentleman behind him was wonderfully turned out in a Sheffield United home strip , the red and white stripes in XXXL looked wonderful on TV with his faded tattoos, i also noticed a patron in a Leeds RLFC strip.

Eurosport’s coverage is wonderful BTW, Joe Johnson from Bradford , the 1986 world champion who entered the tournament at odds of 150-1 is at the helm providing a wonderful synopsis as the proceedings play out whilst also giving some humorous anecdotes about former greats

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 940607, member: 367”]some fine football jersies on display @Sidney amoungst the knowledge crowd at the Crucible theater.
The gentleman beside Ronnie’s corner was donning a wonderful Coventry City shirt no doubt in honour of the approaching 27th anniversary of Kevin Houchen’s diving header that won them the FA cup against Spurs.
The Large gentleman behind him was wonderfully turned out in a Sheffield United home strip , the red and white stripes in XXXL looked wonderful on TV with his faded tattoos, i also noticed a patron in a Leeds RLFC strip.

Eurosport’s coverage is wonderful BTW, Joe Johnson from Bradford , the 1986 world champion who entered the tournament at odds of 150-1 is at the helm providing a wonderful synopsis as the proceedings play out whilst also giving some humorous anecdotes about former greats[/QUOTE]
Was that a Coventry shirt? I assumed it was Wednesday

Selby wins his 3rd in a row to reduce the deficit to 10-8